• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suspected drunk driver kills 6 in wrong-way crash in Diamond Bar

Aside from the whole tragedy, the fact that one of the news stations felt it necessary to bring up the fact that the dead sister also had something like 11 driving citations (including 2 DUI) is just pathetic.  Why they felt the need to basically trash on the dead sister that was only a passenger in the car is just ridiculous.

I completely disagree with this post.

The family should be publicly shamed.  2 DUIs is disgusting.  Scorn is deserved.  We need to do more public shaming of horrible people, not less.

Aside from the whole tragedy, the fact that one of the news stations felt it necessary to bring up the fact that the dead sister also had something like 11 driving citations (including 2 DUI) is just pathetic.  Why they felt the need to basically trash on the dead sister that was only a passenger in the car is just ridiculous.

I had been wondering why the sister and/or the other passenger had evidently not attempted to stop the driver on her fairly lengthy trip down the 57 and the 60 on the wrong way. At least they could have warned her in plenty of time, and she could have pulled over to the shoulder. I'm speculating here a bit, of course, but the question bothered me. If all three of them were drunk out of their minds, that would explain a lot. The other two could have been asleep, being that it was 4:40 in the morning.

Word is these girls had a night out in Downtown Fullerton.

Expect a lawsuit against the bar(s) that served them. Plaintiffs will probably include all the families involved.

My cousin was killed in a single-car accident about 20 years ago. He was really drunk and the bartender kept serving him. He ran his car at high speed into a wall three blocks from his house and was killed instantly. His family did receive a settlement, but I wasn't told the total amount.

Depending on how many drinks they had before they left the bar (and bars can serve right up until 2 AM), they could have still been intoxicated 2.5 hours later, regardless of whether they had any additional alcohol. It takes about an hour for the body to metabolize one drink. A person could be so drunk that it might take 8 hours or more for the liver to process the alcohol.

Four hours after last call when the crash happened, they had to still be drinking outside of a bar before they hit the road.

Last call is at 1:45 AM in many bars, and the crash happened at 4:40 AM. They could have left the bar at 2 AM drunk out of their minds and still be drunk three hours later. Perhaps they did consume additional alcohol, and that will undoubtedly be a factor in any lawsuit.

Just my opinion, and the law doesn't agree w my opinion, but this talk of the servers and bar being (partly) responsible is just wrong... and it helps drunk enablers spread the responsibility away from where I think one hundred percent of the blame goes:  The drunk driver.

I agree.

I agree to a point.  My store sells beer and wine, everyone of my cashiers has to have ceritified training to do so.  In that training they basically tell them they would be responsible if they serve alcohol to an intoxicated person or a minor and that person harms themselves or others.

Then the local cops run stings and send kids with beards in when we are really busy and try to get my cashiers to sell to a minor.   If they do, they get fined $500 bucks.

Just my opinion, and the law doesn't agree w my opinion, but this talk of the servers and bar being (partly) responsible is just wrong... and it helps drunk enablers spread the responsibility away from where I think one hundred percent of the blame goes:  The drunk driver.

i think if a person is noticeably drunk, the bartender should bear some responsibility not to sell them more alcohol.

There has to be some baseline.  Not having one is moronic.  Should we wait until somebody gets into an accident before we charge them with a DUI?

No disagreement from me, there just needs to be better science for a better baseline. 

People on prescription meds, especially psych meds, can be totally off their rocker with a BAC of 0.02%.  A lawyer friend told me these cases are especially hard to prosecute for DUI because the only objective evidence says the person is not intoxicated. 

I think bartenders and liquor clerks have some ethical duty to refuse service to someone who is obviously inebriated.

You ever see how busy a bar is on a saturday night?

The bartender stops what he/she is doing, to ask.  The person says, "I have a designated driver" or "I am taking a cab".  Then there is a mexican standoff.

Call me crazy but the drunk person has the ethical duty to not get behind the wheel.