• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suspected drunk driver kills 6 in wrong-way crash in Diamond Bar

If you haven't figured it out by now, the government doesn't really want to stop drunk driving. All those mandatory classes and fees are good for keeping the government in the black. That's why you see people with multiple DUIs continue to get their license back. If they really wanted to end drunk driving the first offense would be a lifetime loss of license.

This is dumb. All these conspiracy theories are just plain stupid.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/fla-trooper-who-stopped-cop-sues-after-harassment

This story is one of the many reasons the police are much less popular than they used to be.  This isn't just one bad apple.

Exactly.

But Watts' actions involving a fellow officer didn't sit well with many in law enforcement, and not long after she made that traffic stop, she says, the harassment began.

Its not just the bad apples.... what's so much worse is the other assholes in the force who protect the bad apples.

That's probably a good side discussion.

Why are there so many repeat DUI offenders?  Doesn't the first DUI scare somebody enough to prevent it from happening again?  And why do carloads of people get drunk knowing beforehand that nobody will be sober enough to drive them home? 

Why are there so many repeat DUI offenders?  Doesn't the first DUI scare somebody enough to prevent it from happening again?  And why do carloads of people get drunk knowing beforehand that nobody will be sober enough to drive them home? 

Because people are generally bad and reckless

We have a society of it won't happen to me, I won't get caught twice, **** it I wanna party.

When I went to alcohol school we were told that over 50% of people who get one DUI will get at least one more so the fines, alcohol classes, loss of a license, etc aren't enough of a deterrent for those people.  

As to the second question common sense goes out the window once you get drunk.  We went out regularly for years but lived close enough to downtown that we could walk if no one had cash for a cab.  Plenty of other people out and about just flat out didn't care, didn't plan ahead or thought it was a good idea to drive when drunk.

I think its more like:

We have a society of it won't happen to me, I won't get caught twice, **** it I wanna party.

Very, VERY, selfish people

Wouldn't the most selfish folks still care about their own well-being?  I guess selfishness and suicidal behavior (i.e. driving drunk) is more intertwined than I first thought?

not the same incident but just came across this.

this is why i was told the day i got my license to avoid driving in the fast lane at night, because drunks go the wrong way and will try to stay in what they think is the slow lane.

amazing to think of the people that narrowly avoiding this, then also the people that didnt.

drunk drivers are a**holes.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=60b_1391971368

not the same incident but just came across this.

this is why i was told the day i got my license to avoid driving in the fast lane at night, because drunks go the wrong way and will try to stay in what they think is the slow lane.

amazing to think of the people that narrowly avoiding this, then also the people that didnt.

drunk drivers are a**holes.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=60b_1391971368

1. I am not understanding the 'slow lane' part.  All these wrong wayers seem to be going 100.

2. Not really happy w chick videotaping while driving on freeway.

what a depressing mess.

1. I am not understanding the 'slow lane' part.  All these wrong wayers seem to be going 100.

2. Not really happy w chick videotaping while driving on freeway.

what a depressing mess.

the slow lane is the far most right lane, correct? so drunks get in that lane.

which would be the far most left lane relative to sober people.

your right is my left when we are going towards each other - boom. gnartasm.