• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Obama administration may raid the Treasury to pay insurers billions of dollars, circumventing Congress.

"If you like your tax dollars, you can keep your tax dollars."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-may-use-obscure-fund-to-pay-billions-to-aca-insurers/2016/09/29/64a22ea4-81bc-11e6-b002-307601806392_story.html

On 9/4/2016 at 0:41 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

@gotbeer

That has to be one of the most click baity articles I've ever seen. Plain as day agenda going on there.

• Britons diagnosed with cancer or heart attacks are more likely to die, and more quickly, than those of most other developed nations.”

These are called facts. I know you are not used to seeing them during the Obama administration but they are out there. 

50 minutes ago, Blarg said:
  • Britons diagnosed with cancer or heart attacks are more likely to die, and more quickly, than those of most other developed nations.”

These are called facts. I know you are not used to seeing them during the Obama administration but they are out there. 

I was mostly referring to the title of the article. The title makes it sound so much worse than it is.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Well, if you read some news reports yesterday they're also close to finding a real cure to HIV.

We can agree to disagree.

I'm sure the families of those that lost their loved ones to disease because of being black listed or ignored until it was terminal are heartened by research for a cure that will not be administered in a timely manner as well.

Here are some facts:

HIV Cure: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/02/hiv-cure-close-after-disease-vanishes-from-blood-of-british-man/

Here's a guy who lived in america for 20 years and the UK for 20 years comparing systems: http://www.businessinsider.com/an-american-uses-britain-nhs-2015-1

Last but not least, i'll leave you with this again. The only thing the US doesn't suck at in healthcare is the effectiveness and timeliness of care. Effectiveness is pretty much the same compared to UK and the US is a bit quicker in timeliness. Everything else the US is blown out of the water.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/06/16/u-s-healthcare-ranked-dead-last-compared-to-10-other-countries/#42675e9d1b96

TCFchart

Anyways, my original point was that article title says "Government to ban smokers and fat people from getting surgery."

From what I gather, the case seems to be that just a subsidiary of the NHS is choosing not to give Hip and Knee replacement surgery to fat smokers that refuse to quit. They are prioritizing helping them lose weight and quit smoking first.

But that doesn't fit the narrative, so...

I read the article of the guy living in both US and UK and he has no life threatening medical problems so he is OK with having to take whatever schedule he is given. 

But what I know,  and know for certainty, is the delays in the UK socialized Medicine extend the time period for diagnosis and action taken and my own personal bout with cancer would have put me in the position where the cancer would have progressed to stage three before diagnosis and potentialy stage four by the time I got through their referrals. 

But go ahead and excuse make all you want,  post bullshit anecdotal stories and fabricated stats based on head cold cures but the facts are people in the UK die from bladder, and all other  cancers at an alarmingly higher rate than the US. 

At least it costs less, right? 

Costs less is the understatement of the year. People avoid going to the doctor here because they're afraid of going bankrupt from the bills. Some people kill themselves over it because of one reason or another.

I'm glad you're able to get good treatment. The US is definitely very good at cancer treatment. But the UK is not some exactly dog shit at it in comparison.

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Costs less is the understatement of the year. People avoid going to the doctor here because they're afraid of going bankrupt from the bills. Some people kill themselves over it because of one reason or another.

I'm glad you're able to get good treatment. The US is definitely very good at cancer treatment. But the UK is not some exactly dog shit at it in comparison.

Maybe you should read this again.