• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Birthday to Albert Pujols

Ohtaniland

That's probably his wish as well, to return to the Cardinals version.  Where his family was still going to school when he played in Anaheim, where they have the best fans in baseball, where he still has multiple endeavors.

Sorry, Chuck, I know you want us all to like him, but I don't.  And judging by this board, I am not alone.  The way you push him on us, and expect us to like him - I feel like when my mother in law passed away, then my father in law remarried quickly.  The new lady was a biatch.  Nobody liked her.  But father in law expected us all to like her, just because.  You are my father in law, pushing this person on us.

I think he wishes to just return to the cardinals. 

yk, I haven't paid close enough attention I guess, but how is Chuck pushing Albert on you? Oh and we would all like him if his performance on the field was what we envisioned. I am guessing if he put up two great years we wouldn't be hearing all this shit about how old he really is. To me they are two separate issues, him the person and him the performer, its ok to not be pleased about how he has played but not bash him the person.

yk, I haven't paid close enough attention I guess, but how is Chuck pushing Albert on you? Oh and we would all like him if his performance on the field was what we envisioned. I am guessing if he put up two great years we wouldn't be hearing all this shit about how old he really is. To me they are two separate issues, him the person and him the performer, its ok to not be pleased about how he has played but not bash him the person.

Chuck isn't pushing him on me individually.  My feeling is that Chuck has been a big proponent of Albert.  Defender might be another word.  Cussing out us angels fans midway through this thread is the latest example.  I don't have links to other times, just a general feeling.  And that's fine for Chuck, he can do anything he pleases.  But he isn't changing my mind about my feelings on Pujols.

Of course his onfield performance/lack thereof is driving this.  100%.  I don't care if me or others 'bash' him.  This is a message board.  He was sold as a savior.  He hasn't been.  I don't even like to look at him.   Acquiring this endless string of overpayed stiffs (GMJ, Wells, Pujols. Hammy) has soured my interest in this team.  I hated the Gene Autry years.  This is Autry redux.  And it sucks, IMO.

So, how will your opinion of him change if he has a great year and we get into the playoffs? I wish I was old enough to really remember the Autry years. I have followed the team for as long as I can remember, but I didn't grasp the ramifications of bad signings when I was young. So as a teenager or preteen when we are getting guys like Carew and Decinces and Reggie I thought it was great. Those teams were a lot of fun, and I guess I just never blamed Autry for those teams not making it to the promise land. To this day I have no idea if it was on him or not. I prefer to look at Autry as someone that did everything he thought was right to build a winner, which is what I think Arte is trying to do, it just isn't working.

I get it yk, I wasn't judging you, I was just curious. At least back then it was reasonable, today, not so much. We still got good years out of all those guys, Carew, Baylor, Grich, Rudy, Zahn, Decinces, Candeleria, Blylevin, and even Sutton. Who knows, maybe if they performed today like they did then, I wouldn't be as impressed because of how we grade and judge players now.

Happy birthday to him, I guess.

I like Pujols, but it's almost like he regrets leaving the Cardinals (and I'm sure he does). I can't really judge/blame him though especially with the way things have been. I'd probably have some regret too.

He could be a better leader if that altercation he had with Torii Hunter is any indication.

That's probably his wish as well, to return to the Cardinals version.  Where his family was still going to school when he played in Anaheim, where they have the best fans in baseball, where he still has multiple endeavors.

Sorry, Chuck, I know you want us all to like him, but I don't.  And judging by this board, I am not alone.  The way you push him on us, and expect us to like him - I feel like when my mother in law passed away, then my father in law remarried quickly.  The new lady was a biatch.  Nobody liked her.  But father in law expected us all to like her, just because.  You are my father in law, pushing this person on us.

But she was such a nice person when she lived in St. Louis.

I knew Chuck would come in this thread all Super Fan like. Not even lying.

LOL.

Superfan = a fan of who never opposes a move that the GM or owner makes, a decision that the manager makes and never critiques a player.

If you think that I'm a Superfan you haven't any read any of my posts the past several years or you're a dick. Perhaps both?

LOL.

Superfan = a fan of who never opposes a move that the GM or owner makes, a decision that the manager makes and never critiques a player.

If you think that I'm a Superfan you haven't any read any of my posts the past several years or you're a dick. Perhaps both?

You have it wrong Chuck. Apparently a Superfan can separate a player's personal life from their on field performance.