• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Birthday to Albert Pujols

Ohtaniland

It's really simple why these guys feel like this. They hate Albert because he hasn't been what we expected and they feel cheated or slighted. Like I said earlier in this thread no one would hate Albert on here if he was hitting like he use to, but since he doesn't then he is a liar about his age, a bad guy in the clubhouse, he wishes he was still in St. Louis, is a part time player, and has a fragile ego. I'm sure I missed a few, but that's the short list. I hope to hell he is healthy this year and has a year similar to 2012 without the slow start.

The problem with Albert is that he's having a lot of problems staying healthy for a year. In 2012 it was his knee, calf, and hamstring. In 2013 it was his plantar fasciitis. My point is that most of Albert's recent injury's are chronic in nature and they become more difficult to manage as he gets older. Remaining healthy for a year might be asking a lot. Albert is 0-2 in healthy years with the Angels and that's not good.

I'm going to be positive about Pujols this year. He started off hot last year and then his foot started bothering him and he fell off a cliff. I think if he stays healthy the Angels can expect a 30 HR/.850+ OPS season out of him.

If he isn't able to do that then I will officially give up on the guy.

The problem with Albert is that he's having a lot of problems staying healthy for a year. In 2012 it was his knee, calf, and hamstring. In 2013 it was his plantar fasciitis. My point is that most of Albert's recent injury's are chronic in nature and they become more difficult to manage as he gets older. Remaining healthy for a year might be asking a lot. Albert is 0-2 in healthy years with the Angels and that's not good.

He still played 154 games in 2012 and managed an .859 OPS despite essentially going o-fer his first month of the year. Not vintage Pujols of course, but still respectable.

I'm going to be positive about Pujols this year. He started off hot last year and then his foot started bothering him and he fell off a cliff. I think if he stays healthy the Angels can expect a 30 HR/.850+ OPS season out of him.

If he isn't able to do that then I will officially give up on the guy.

Albert's last (three year average) with the Cardinals was .312 / 42hrs / 117rbi's / 1.006ops and Arte paid him $240M.

Adjustment. Marine layer, family and injury's have Albert's (two year) average with the Angels at .271 / 23hrs / 84rbi's / .813ops. He's very lucky to be in the American League because he would have rode the pine quite a bit the last two seasons.

Hideki Matsui gave us that kind of production in 2010 for only $6M so I haven't been impressed with Albert the Angel. 

I don't hate Albert, I just don't care about him. He hasn't done much in an Angels uni for me to care much, and has obviousy been completely overshadowed by Trout. Watching homegrown talents come up and develop into great players is always going to be more rewarding than paying some aging FA for stuff they did on another team. There is simply no attachment there. He's just another player the team brought in at this point. Pujols had a hot 3-4 month stretch so far in his Angels career and that's about it

I am still holding out hope he can provide a few seasons of his 2012 production though, which obviously isn't anywhere near worth the $24 mill they are paying him annually, but it would still be pretty good. 30 HR, .285+ BA, .850 OPS. If he can provide that, do some damage in the playoffs....then there will be something worth remembering. Right now his tenure here has been completely forgettable

Well he had a 5 WAR in 2012, and some will tell you that that is worth over $30 million.