• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kelly Thomas Trial verdict...

henry

then your beef should be with the DA who couldn't successfully prosecute a case caught on video that has nearly everyone in here screaming for a different outcome. 

No, I will have my beef with some jasmine rice and roasted brussel sprouts.

As far as the trial goes, I will blame the entire system.  I see you called them "Rodney King supporters".  Which is pretty funny.  I guess you just can't think police shouldn't just beat on a guy.

So these 12 people = all of the people in OC?

And of course the next time around the DA will be total crap and blow the case.

Everyone is way over reacting to this.  Our judicial system works well but there are times where it fails.  It did this time, that is all.  There is no wider implication of cops killing people and getting away with it or all juries will side with murderous cops.

No, I will have my beef with some jasmine rice and roasted brussel sprouts.

As far as the trial goes, I will blame the entire system.  I see you called them "Rodney King supporters".  Which is pretty funny.  I guess you just can't think police shouldn't just beat on a guy.

it seems my analogy of the similarity of comments from rodney king's first trial and the kelly thomas trial didn't hit the mark. oh well.

and btw, brussel sprouts sku.

it seems my analogy of the similarity of comments from rodney king's first trial and the kelly thomas trial didn't hit the mark. oh well.

and btw, brussel sprouts sku.

Not if you roast them with some bacon and season them with thyme and garlic salt.  Deeeeeeeeeeelicous.

Back to the case for a second.  Cicinelli was a rookie cop for LAPD when he was shot in the head while on-duty.  He now has a fake left eye. 

LAPD determined he was medically unfit to be a police officer, so he was dismissed with a disability pension.  Last I heard it was around $40,000/year.  Meanwhile, the City of Fullerton had a police chief named Pat McKinley who was ex-LAPD.  As a favor to his friends at LAPD, he agreed to give Cicinelli a job in Fullerton despite poor peripheral vision.  After Ramos and Cicinelli were arrested, Ron Thomas tried to get Cicinelli's "disability" pension revoked, but failed.  LAPD pays into a different retirement system, so it's not considered fraudulent double dipping. 

The part I have a hard time getting past is that Cicinelli knows all too well what facial trauma is about.  He knew permanent damage would result and yet he pounded Kelly Thomas in the eyes and nose with the butt of his taser anyway.   Afterward, he bragged to other officers how he "smashed his face to hell".

How can an alleged vegetarian not like Brussel sprouts?

I've never had them prepared in a way that was even remotely interesting.

And yes, the allegations are true. In fact, there's a casserole in the fridge made with cottage cheese and special k cereal. Come on over.

This just in -- Cicinelli now claims he was wrongfully terminated and will sue, if necessary, to get his job back. 

What kind of idiot would want to return to the streets of Fullerton?  This is nothing short of suicidal thinking because some nut will shoot him, again. 

There are hundreds of thousands of cops and only dozens of these situations.  Stop exaggerating.

Dozens my ass.  It wasn't even a year ago that LA/Torrance cops went on a shooting spree against two newspaper carrier women and a surfer.  The entire southland police force were peeing their pants in terror and shooting anything in sight because one ex-cop with some gun experience was on the loose.  An exquisite combo of Keystone cops and extreme cowardice.

This crap happens ALL THE TIME.  Some get publicity.  Most don't.

Last two times I was stopped by a cop:

1) I was using a cell phone (not smart, I know). The motorcycle cop pulled me over and starting yelling at me, "Who were you calling?!", angry tone of voice. Then he had me sit there for a LONG time until giving me a ticket. $162. He was pissed off the whole time. I was nervous, and VERY polite. "Yes, Sir."

2) L.A. County sheriff follows me for a mile or two, then pulls me over on a Friday evening at 9 PM and has me sit there for 15 minutes before approaching my car. I could hear his engine and radio going and my car was all lit up by his spotlight. I had no idea what was going on. Then he walks slowly up to the car (I've got my hands up on the steering wheel in plain sight) and tells me my left headlight is out and to get it fixed. Took a quick look at my driver's license, that's it. Not even a fix-it ticket, but an incredibly long, and very uncomfortable wait. Then the kicker, "Have a nice evening." 

Small things, I know, but still...where's the professionalism in dealing with the public? We're citizens, just like the cops are. Why the attitude?

Edited by fan_since79