• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kelly Thomas Trial verdict...

henry

I think what bothers me most about law enforcement is their ignorance of the laws they are entrusted to enforce.  Even veteran officers have a very weak understanding of the Constitution and other basic laws. 

What's really amazing is how many cases are thrown out because of insufficient evidence, shoddy police investigative work, police misconduct, etc, etc.  A lawyer friend told me the number once and I forget what it is...something like 20% of all charges are disposed of with a dismissal.  That's a staggering number when you think about it. 

In our line of work, screwing up that frequently would get us fired. 

Ok, I am going to do a 180.

Listen, we all most of us understand that the cops involved are creeps.  But I incorrectly assumed that these cops had been acquitted and welcomed back to the force.  And I had been railing against the culture.

It turns out these cops are NOT welcomed back to the Fullerton PD.  Good for them.

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/johnandken.html?article=11995881

I take back what I've written about the cop culture.

Ok, I am going to do a 180.

Listen, we all most of us understand that the cops involved are creeps.  But I incorrectly assumed that these cops had been acquitted and welcomed back to the force.  And I had been railing against the culture.

It turns out these cops are NOT welcomed back to the Fullerton PD.  Good for them.

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/johnandken.html?article=11995881

I take back what I've written about the cop culture.

This is not the final straw.  All three are awaiting their time before an arbitrator.  The City Council can then accept or reject the arbitrator's decision.  And if they don't like that, a trip to Superior Court could overturn the firings or send them home with a huge settlement. 

Way too much protectionism built in to government jobs.