• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Balfour

nando714

@Ken_Rosenthal: Two club MDs who have a history with Balfour - and one who examined him today - say his arm is fine. Story: http://t.co/k0YG0CgeRR #Orioles

@susanslusser: Balfour says he doesn't want to bad-mouth anyone, says of the #Orioles, "I guess they chose to go another route." #Athletics

It seems like he's fine from all the reports I've read today. The Orioles have pulled bitch moves like this in the past. It's the Orioles way of trying to lower the contract. No surprise here

Edit: Here's a quote from Frank Wren on Baltimore's owner Peter Angelos

"That's how Peter plays general manager," said Frank Wren, who was the Orioles' general manager in 1999 and was fired after the season. "He uses medical reasons to kill or change a deal if he doesn't like it."

Edited by SoWhat

I would rather avoid the guy who just had a contract fall apart because of concerns over his throwing shoulder.

Edit: Whoops just saw the following stuff. If there's really nothing there and the Orioles are just being weird, maybe if they can't get Tanaka/Garza

Edited by jshep

Doesn't he only throw a fastball? 

He started throwing his slider more towards the end but that is basically true.

Other warnings about Balfour: He'll most likely only want to close and gave up A LOT of warning track fly balls. During his save streak I must have said he's lucky as hell about 10 times.

With that said, he got totally screwed by the Orioles and having surgery a decade ago isn't relevant today.

If he costs 2 years 15 million..do it.