• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In 2014 who will prove more valuable

Stradling

to their team? Bourjos or Calhoun? I am assuming that Peter if he stays healthy will provide a higher WAR because he is a center fielder, but who will have the, I don't know how to say it, but I guess it would be WAR per salary? Will we regret moving Peter, not because of what we got in return, but because of who is going to replace him in the starting line up? I see it like this. Calhoun won't be as bad defensively this coming year, nor will Trout. We all know what Peter brings to the table defensively, he is amazing. But I just like the idea of having Calhoun batting in the top of the line up, either first or second, and that is something I wasn't comfortable saying about Peter. Let me know what you guys think.

Bourjos and Calhoun potentially offer completely different things.

Calhoun is probably not as good as he showed in his first few months with the angels. His value will probably never be higher.

With that being said, I could see him having a .770-.780 OPS with average defense. I'll gladly take that, although I would much prefer a healthy bourjos.

Edited by Poozy

If Pujols and Hamilton have years somewhat close to career averages, then Trout can bat leadoff again, where he is more valuable. Calhoun, i believe, will be a good # 2 hitter. Seems like we haven't had a good 2 hitter in years.  With Trumbo, Freese, Conger and Aybar following Hamilton will give us a pretty solid lineup. I really believe Howie will be traded for a pitcher, but i have a gut feeling Green won't be playing 2b. I have a feeling Lindsey will end up at 2b.

As to the OP - Calhoun vs. Bourjos.  The key question for Bourjos is health.  The HBP incident can happen to anyone, but I recall him having hamstring issues and being out.  If he can avoid that, he should enjoy national league pitching - more fast balls and he is a huge upgrade for STL over JJ in cf.

I like Calhoun playing full time and envision Shuck being a bench player (assuming Trumbo is traded).  Calhoun can hit and hit for power, so I favor him over Peter.

I will make this guarantee if Mike has Shuck start a majority of games over Calhoun I will be on the Fire Scioscia bandwagon.

yah.  I'm there with you.  Calhoun needs to get the everyday job even against lefties. 

Honestly, someone is gonna need to be available to spell Hamilton vs. lefties and in the late innings so as much as I think Shuck is a good 5th Ofer, he doesn't really fit that role as well as I'd like.

options to fill the 4th OFer role?

Franklin Gutierrez

Andres Torres

Rajai Davis

Still would love to get Hart.  I think he might take a 1yr deal to prove he's healthy and he would actually be even better than trumbo.  He's kind of like the version of Trumbo that we hope Trumbo could be. 

to their team? Bourjos or Calhoun? I am assuming that Peter if he stays healthy will provide a higher WAR because he is a center fielder, but who will have the, I don't know how to say it, but I guess it would be WAR per salary? Will we regret moving Peter, not because of what we got in return, but because of who is going to replace him in the starting line up? I see it like this. Calhoun won't be as bad defensively this coming year, nor will Trout. We all know what Peter brings to the table defensively, he is amazing. But I just like the idea of having Calhoun batting in the top of the line up, either first or second, and that is something I wasn't comfortable saying about Peter. Let me know what you guys think.

Miguel Cabrera.