• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guys, tell me about Bourjos.

Issue with him is health. If he is healthy, don't see why he can't repeat his 2011 line, maybe with a bit more improvement. He is easily one of, if not the best defensive CFer in MLB. He's going to be a tremendous help to the Cardinals pitching staff and to Matt Holliday(wont' have to range much for certain balls)

all in all, over a full season, he's likely a 3-4 WAR player, which is excellent value considering how cheap he still is.

Honestly, it won't be hard to surpass Jon Jays output at the plate.

The defensive improvement is what excites me, plus a little more speed on the bases.

Freese was a favorite of mine, but he is on borrowed time with those ankles. There are also rumors of other issues, but leu ours are just that, rumors.

If the back is better he should give you a boost in the 6-7-8 part of the lineup. His range has diminished, partly due to the back issues.

Again, the real problem is the rebuilt ankles.

I've seen him play a few times, but with the injury this past season I don't think I recall seeing him play at all last year. Granted I probably watched all of 20 or so Angels games last year.

What can we expect out of him? Is he a starter, or a fourth outfielder?

Seems to be many differing opinions of him around here.

Health will be the biggest issue around him.  But his injuries aren't as serious as Freese'.  He does have a hip issue that he plays through.  

He is fast.  One of the better defenders in CF.  Let's put it this way.  Trout was moved out of CF to put Peter there, not Peter moving positions so Trout can play CF.  He's that much better defensively.  IMO, Peter is probably one of the top defenders in CF in MLB right now.  

Hitting wise, he works the count real well.  He is odd in that he doesn't steal bases.  But he is very quick on the basepads.  IMO, he is slower than Trout at home to first, but faster than him past that.  

If he's healthy, he will be your CF.  Your prospect or anyone else there can move to another position.  

Your jaw will drop when you see his speed.  If he's on 1st and the batter hits a long single, Peter will score standing up.  Amazing speed once he gets moving.  Oddly he is not a great stolen base guy.  I don't know if he doesn't read pitcher's moves or he's a step slow initially, but in the field and on the bases, be prepared to be wowed.  

Your jaw will drop when you see his speed.  If he's on 1st and the batter hits a long single, Peter will score standing up.  Amazing speed once he gets moving.  Oddly he is not a great stolen base guy.  I don't know if he doesn't read pitcher's moves or he's a step slow initially, but in the field and on the bases, be prepared to be wowed.  

Good description. Great defense, awesome speed, needs to stay healthy, bat has been up and down, cannot steal bases and will not post a high OBP. He doesn't hit the ball into the ground enough to utilize his speed so he can steal first, the most important bag.

I would be concerned over Bourjos surgically repaired wrist though. Usually hitters that come off wrist surgery have a tough time having success thereafter. But, I hope he does. I like P-Bo and I don't mind the Cardinals as a team!

I think you'll like him. I like Freese. Tell us about him.

Freese could be a .300/30/100 guy in your lineup.

IF, and it's a big if, he can stay healthy.

He is at his best when he is hitting the ball from center to right field. Great oppo power. Decent fielder.

His bat speed was diminished this season, due to the back thing. By the WS his swing was all arms.

His ankles affect his mobility, which in turn reduces his range.

He is capable of carrying a team for a week or so, and if healthy will be a complement to your lineup.

I think your line up got better, but your d didn't. Dipoto should have demanded a starting pitcher, that's your real need, IMO. Salas is a total pos dumpster fire. Glad to see him go. I figured we'd just non-tender the guy, so getting a prospect for him is gravy.

Like the Pujols situation, I'm glad I'll be able to follow Freese out here. He is one of my favorites.