• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guys, tell me about Bourjos.

Good player to say the least. 

He's going to be valuable even if he doesn't hit. Incredible range, he'll chase down more balls in the outfield than any player you've seen before. He can provide league average offense and he's a big time threat on the bases although he doesn't steal many bases. He's great at going 1st to 3rd and sometimes home though. 

Cardinals fans will love the guy just like most Angels fans did. I'm hoping Freese is closer to the 2012 version than last years version. 

I've seen him play a few times, but with the injury this past season I don't think I recall seeing him play at all last year. Granted I probably watched all of 20 or so Angels games last year.

What can we expect out of him? Is he a starter, or a fourth outfielder?

Seems to be many differing opinions of him around here.

Let me put it to you this way SoCal Cardinal: The Cards are now my 2nd favorite team in baseball. I'll die an Angels fan but I have now become a backup/reserve/4th OF Cards fan.

Edited by ettin

Here is Bourjos.

He will make an amazing catch to end the inning.

He will then lead off the inning with a walk and will still be at first base at  the end of the inning. He does not look comfortable on the bases at all.

If he is on base and someone hits a single, that is where his highlights will come from. The guys is lightning on the bases.

If anyone sneezes in his general direction in the dugout, he will go on the disabled list.

Here is Bourjos.

He will make an amazing catch to end the inning.

He will then lead off the inning with a walk and will still be at first base at  the end of the inning. He does not look comfortable on the bases at all.

If he is on base and someone hits a single, that is where his highlights will come from. The guys is lightning on the bases.

If anyone sneezes in his general direction in the dugout, he will go on the disabled list.

That is pretty funny. haha

SoCal Cardinal....how concerned should we be with Freese's health?

The ankle thing is what it is. He had reconstructive surgery a few years ago. He injured one in a car wreck, and another in AAA, I believe.

The back issues surfaced for the first time last year. He didn't miss a lot of time because of it, but it really changed his approach. Got handsy at the plate and quit going the other way.

I would assume that your FO did their homework regarding the back stuff, and felt comfortable enough about it to pull the trigger.

The ankle thing is what it is. He had reconstructive surgery a few years ago. He injured one in a car wreck, and another in AAA, I believe.

The back issues surfaced for the first time last year. He didn't miss a lot of time because of it, but it really changed his approach. Got handsy at the plate and quit going the other way.

I would assume that your FO did their homework regarding the back stuff, and felt comfortable enough about it to pull the trigger.

Well the good news is that we all have complete confidence in this team when it comes to medic-

Hey, where's everyone going?

Peter Bourjos 2011 is the bottom of what you'll get from him if he starts everyday. The last two years aren't good representations as in 2012, he was pushed to the bench by Trout and Trumbo (and lost at bats to Vernon Wells). In 2013, he was hurt twice on freak injuries, and when he came back in August his swing sucked because his injury to his wrist.

Defensively he is the best outfielder on the Cardinals. Seriously the guy may be the best defensive centerfielder in baseball. He has an absolute cannon for an arm and will gun down anyone who tries to take the extra base. 

Offensively, probably the best player on the 2011 Angels. His ceiling is probably a .300 average, and I think  a .360 OBP, and a .460 SLG. He has pop. He hasn't shown it, but if healthy, he could hit 20-20-20 (2b-3b-hr). Doesn't like to take a walk, but will. Strikes out more than you'd think. He doesn't have a great first step on steals, despite his speed to first and speed first to third. A capable leadoff guy but likely will hit likely 7th or 8th in your lineup. A huge upgrade over Jon Jay. 

Actually his ceiling is probably what Carlos Beltran gave you last year if you swapped 7 homeruns for triples.

Sounds like he's liable to go down at any moment with those bum ankles. So we should expect a Mark Reynolds type of glove at 3B? Or worse?

Sounds like he's liable to go down at any moment with those bum ankles. So we should expect a Mark Reynolds type of glove at 3B? Or worse?

Oh, I think he's better at 3rd than Reynolds.

His back also had a negative effect on his play at third this season.

He is solid, definitely not spectacular at third. He won't get to everything, but he won't have you yelling at the tv, and putting a screen up behind first to protect that hot chick showing off her hot dog eating face in the third row either.

That is one goofy looking swing. Looks like a dead pull hitter, likes the inner half.

I like the d though. No way Anyone in the Cards outfield goes and gets those gappers like that.

During the postseason several analysts talked about the Cardinals' need to improve their outfield defensively. You just took a major step in doing that. The main issue with Bourjos has been injuries. Staying off the DL has been a big challenge for him. Gold Glove quality already in the field, can hit for average if he can stay in the lineup. Not a lot of power.

Oh, I think he's better at 3rd than Reynolds.

His back also had a negative effect on his play at third this season.

He is solid, definitely not spectacular at third. He won't get to everything, but he won't have you yelling at the tv, and putting a screen up behind first to protect that hot chick showing off her hot dog eating face in the third row either.

Ha! Well that doesn't sound too bad. The back is a serious concern for me. Many players are never quite the same once back issues start up. Has there been any word lately on how Freese was recovering?

Freese could be a .300/30/100 guy in your lineup..

Yeah, Freese is gonna go 300/30/100.

This is a team where Albert Freaking Pujols goes from hitting like GOD with the Cardinals to hitting .258, and where Josh Hamilton, who once hit .359 in a season and hit 43 HR in another, turns into garbage.

Yeah, Freese is gonna go 300/30/100.

This is a team where Albert Freaking Pujols goes from hitting like GOD with the Cardinals to hitting .258, and where Josh Hamilton, who once hit .359 in a season and hit 43 HR in another, turns into garbage.

Well, you'd better get some pitching, because your snakebit lineup is due to explode. It will be a shame when it does and you have no pitching to back it up.

Unfortunately, Arte will probably blow another $250 mil on Cano.

Not serious. I think...

Well, you'd better get some pitching, because your snakebit lineup is due to explode. It will be a shame when it does and you have no pitching to back it up.

Unfortunately, Arte will probably blow another $250 mil on Cano.

Not serious. I think...

Yea pitching, that's a good idea. Too bad we just traded 2 decent trading chips for a hitter and don't have the $ to sign too many good pitchers.

Bourjos will be loved in St. Louis, just like Eckstein, and he will actually get to go to the playoffs and possibly win a World Series, just like Eckstein.

For me the move sucks cause I like the guy. But if I were Bourjos I'd be stoked because I'm finally going to play on a fundamentally sound team that doesn't have an inept manager.

Bourjos is probably a slightly better center fielder than Edmonds was, Edmonds was a better overall hitter than Bourjos is. Bourjos has more speed, but has not yet harnessed it as well on the basepaths.

That's how I would describe Bourjos to a Cardinal fan.

I'd say Bourjos is a significantly better defender than Edmonds. Jim was a natural out there but he didn't have the athleticism of Bourjos.