• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict when the Angels sign Cano

This is half serious, as I was in the minority of hot stovers who thought the Angels would sign Pujols and Hamilton in the last two years.

Why not sign Cano?   Obvious answer, $$$.

Trade Trumbo for a pitcher and replace with Cano's power.

Trade Kendrick for a pitcher, and Cano fills his position.

Trade two guys for pitchers, and get Cano's bat in lineup.

Take a journeyman for 3b, Peralta or whoever.

Jeff your post and the past 2 off-seasons are making me believe it might actually be a possibility. Never thought of trading Kendrick and Trumbo for pitchers, and essentially replacing the best of both with Cano. I don't think much of the high $$$ pitchers on the free agent block this off season so maybe trading for it is the better solution...

Could Cano really improve this teams offense? I think so.

But after the way these big signings have performed in their opening seasons, I really think the Angels Organization has a hard time keeping these guys on their toes once they're guaranteed all the money. I think we get distracted by these big names as the season is over and forget about the little things that we had to suffer through all season. Poor fundamental baseball management and late inning arms that couldn't hold a lead. If we can still get that while signing Cano, I would be okay with it. But simply signing Cano and acquiring 3-4 scrap arms that nobody else wants ain't gonna cut it.

Jeff your post and the past 2 off-seasons are making me believe it might actually be a possibility. Never thought of trading Kendrick and Trumbo for pitchers, and essentially replacing the best of both with Cano. I don't think much of the high $$$ pitchers on the free agent block this off season so maybe trading for it is the better solution...

Could Cano really improve this teams offense? I think so.

But after the way these big signings have performed in their opening seasons, I really think the Angels Organization has a hard time keeping these guys on their toes once they're guaranteed all the money. I think we get distracted by these big names as the season is over and forget about the little things that we had to suffer through all season. Poor fundamental baseball management and late inning arms that couldn't hold a lead. If we can still get that while signing Cano, I would be okay with it. But simply signing Cano and acquiring 3-4 scrap arms that nobody else wants ain't gonna cut it.

I think I learned from Pujols contract not to do it again, but of course got caught up in the hype of Hamilton.    Now this year, the Yankees seem content to let him go.   Everyone on the board sees it pretty correctly that we are in a world of hurt for dollars especially if we are lucky to sign Trout.   Cano's contract wouldn't be good, but my point was that you could acquire two guys, or ship both trumbo and kendrick to tampa for Price, and sign Cano.

I like Howie, and don't want him to go.  I'm fine if we dump Trumbo.

Skanks pal of mine sent me an e-mail today saying he can't wait until the Halos sign Cano for 10 years at $300 million.

I doubt Halos sign Cano, though.  We've been burned by big contracts and have been beaten in the AL West by the small deal Oakland team.

If we spend any big bucks this year it should be on a rotation guy or two (but we can't pay them more than what Weaver got with a hometown discount -- to do that would be an insult to Weaver).

And then we could possibly offer a one plus one year type deal to a closer like Nathan.......

If we could get a legitimate closer and push all the pen guys back an inning, that would work -- Frieri could be a set up guy and perhaps close now and then.

I think who-ever we get for the role will do better than the 'answer' to the pen depth issue did last year -- Madsen.