• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So did anyone hear dipoto on lodge a couple of days ago

Couple impressions I got:

Calhoun, trout, Hamilton will be the starting of. He praised Calhoun. Proved he belongs, good clubhouse guy, high energy guy

Vargas is a priority

Tanaka, no comment, have you seen him play? "Yes"... he was tight lipped on tanaka

Pujols was hurt the entire year

Believes morin will be a part of the team next year

Nothing new but I thought his thoughts on calhoun were good.I want to see him as a full time player next year.

I'd stay quiet on Tanaka too if I were a GM.  No sense in driving the price up with constant chatter in the media of a Yankees vs Angels vs Doggies bidding war on a sealed bid.  

If it's true about the outfield, then definitely can see Bourjos moved.  But I'd be worried about that outfield D.  But if it's true that pitching wins championship, part of a good pitching is a good defense.  So it seems contrary to popular thought.

While I'm a big Bourjos fan, Calhoun proved he deserves a spot. Question not answered above, who is the DH? If they trade Trumbo, then isn't a platoon of Hamilton / Pujols the DH? And doesn't that mean that there is a spot for Bourjos in CF?

With Trumbo

1. Trout

2. Calhoun

3. Pujols

4. Hamilton

5. Trumbo

6. Kendrick

7. Iannetta/Conger

8. Jimenez/Green

9. Aybar

With Bourjos

1. Bourjos

2. Calhoun

3. Trout

4. Pujols

5. Hamilton

6. Kendrick

7. Iannetta/Conger

8. Jimenez/Green

9. Aybar

I like the first one better. And I'm a Peter Bourjos fan.

Edited by Hubs

I didn't think people still listened to Lodge's show. You can't really believe anything Dipoto or any other sports GM has to say in an interview (especially during the offseason). If Dipoto was  asked about Blanton, he would probably say he expects him to improve a lot this coming season.

I didn't think people still listened to Lodge's show. You can't really believe anything Dipoto or any other sports GM has to say in an interview (especially during the offseason). If Dipoto was  asked about Blanton, he would probably say he expects him to improve a lot this coming season.

Exactly. 

Dipoto has said they were looking for pitching the past 2 offseasons and the biggest moves were big contracts to Pujols and Hamilton. 

I think that Dipoto will have the same 2013 type budget to work with. He's going to make some trades that are not only equal in talent but equal in contract costs also. The commitments made to Pujols and Hamilton will keep us away from some crazy $75M-$100M posting fee for Tanaka. No way Arte commits another $150M+ contract on one player. And he shouldn't!

I think that Dipoto will have the same 2013 type budget to work with. He's going to make some trades that are not only equal in talent but equal in contract costs also. The commitments made to Pujols and Hamilton will keep us away from some crazy $75M-$100M posting fee for Tanaka. No way Arte commits another $150M+ contract on one player. And he shouldn't!

Except for Trout