• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Angels' Mike Trout is one of three finalists for American League MVP

And once again the old argument surfaces, they're using nothing but batting statistics. Although a .344 BA is IMO pretty amazing, this is not Most Valuable Batter!

I know Trout didn't have an assist this season, but let's be honest, his speed helps him make plays look easy. If you try putting Cabrera at CF or LF he'd be a joke. I don't think it's far fetched to say with a little practice Trout would also outperform Cabrera at 3rd base too.

Considering Cabrera all but disappeared in the playoffs most especially in clutch situations, I don't think being in the playoffs should give him an edge.

But since this is MLB I'm gonna say it's no contest, Trouts MVP chances suffer because he played on a crappy team the past 2 years, and Cabrera will be given the award.

Trout get's it this year!

It took a historical Triple Crown to keep Trout from getting it last year. This year, the baseball gods make alll things the way they should be and reward Trout for two amazing consecutive seasons. Also, MLB is looking for the new face of baseball and Trout is it. As soon as Jeter retires, the crown will be passed to Trout. MVP is the Validation that Trout needs to carry MLB into the next decade.

Edited by 19HALO71

Trout get's it this year!

It took a historical Triple Crown to keep Trout from getting it last year. This year, the baseball gods make alll things the way they should be and reward Trout for two amazing consecutive seasons. Also, MLB is looking for the new face of baseball and Trout is it. As soon as Jeter retires, the crown will be passed to Trout. MVP is the the Validation that Trout needs to carry MLB into the next decade.

You're setting yourself up to be disappointed. 

Take the MVP ballot away from cranky old white male reporters who don't even cover baseball full time and split the vote between:

1/3 fan voting

1/3 front office personnel anonymously

1/3 BBWAA

I guarantee you the results would be far superior.

Fans are complete idiots, you would end up with Derek Jeter as the MVP vote from that sector.

Front office personnel will vote company line or find another office on another team when their vote is revealed.

The BBWAA is still the same group of guys you don't like voting because you think they can't understand advanced metrics.

The result would be a bigger clusterfrack and Marlon Byrd would end up MVP.

Fans are complete idiots, you would end up with Derek Jeter as the MVP vote from that sector.

Front office personnel will vote company line or find another office on another team when their vote is revealed.

The BBWAA is still the same group of guys you don't like voting because you think they can't understand advanced metrics.

The result would be a bigger clusterfrack and Marlon Byrd would end up MVP.

More validation for the Jeter statue outside the new Big J in Anaheim.