• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers Offered Kershaw $300M

SoWhat

Kershaw said he was going to focus on baseball during the season and contract negotiations in the off season. The Dodgers have only been out of the playoffs for 1 day. If this offer is accurate, he will sign it soon. But the Dodgers knew Kershaw wasn't going to consider any contracts during the season so I'm not sure how accurate this report is.

The guy has Angel season tickets, I'm guessing he's a little more than just a troll.

w/e.. I'm not going to get into it. I usually just stay away from his posts. 

Most here believe he's a troll. I guess a few don't. oh well..

Edited by Poozy

w/e.. I'm not going to get into it. I usually just stay away from his posts.

Most here believe he's a troll. I guess a few don't. oh well..

You're wise to stay away from my postings.

Didn't realize giving Trout some love is considered trolling. Seems like your agenda around here is to create drama. Life is short ... enjoy.

:P eace

Name one current starting pitch who has been very good or better for 10 straight seasons.

I can't think of any. King Felix has had 6 straight seasons with a sub-3.50 ERA. Cliff Lee has come close, but he's had a few injury-riddled seasons along the way.

Excellent question:

Roy Halladay?  - http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hallaro01.shtml

Johan was pretty good for about 6-7 years before the injury

Since the were expected by many to at least go to if not win the World Series, didn't they already kind if collapse?

This team lost to the better team. Not sure this was a collapse necessarily. Not sure who was picking them to go to WS before the season but I felt they could go deep in the playoffs because of Kershaw, Greinke and Ryu. The playoffs can be a crapshoot. Not sure the Dodgers were better the the braves until they had to roll out Freddie Garcia to pitch the deciding game.

The collapse I am talking about is when Crawford is hurt.....again. Hanley reverts to his half ass effort that he has shown throughout his whole career. I am afraid he will take Puig with him. I also noticd during game six that Kershaw was walking to back up third while the second run was scoring and walked while backing up home on Puigs throw when 4th run was scoring. CK was about three feet behind the catcher when Th ball went over everyone's head. I have never noticed any lack of effort on his part before. But cK definitely didn't have his head in the game. Poor play can snowball and cause an entire season to be lost.

This team lost to the better team. Not sure this was a collapse necessarily. Not sure who was picking them to go to WS before the season but I felt they could go deep in the playoffs because of Kershaw, Greinke and Ryu. The playoffs can be a crapshoot. Not sure the Dodgers were better the the braves until they had to roll out Freddie Garcia to pitch the deciding game.

Odds to win the 2013 World Series, posted at the LVH SuperBook as of opening day.

ODDS TO WIN 2013 WORLD SERIES

TIGERS 6-1

ANGELS 7-1

NATIONALS 7-1

DODGERS 8-1

REDS 9-1

GIANTS 12-1

BLUE JAYS 12-1

BRAVES 14-1

CARDINALS 16-1

RANGERS 20-1

RAYS 20-1

ORIOLES 20-1

YANKEES 25-1

PHILLIES 25-1

A'S 25-1

RED SOX 30-1

WHITE SOX 40-1

DIAMONDBACKS 40-1

ROYALS 50-1

BREWERS 60-1

PIRATES 60-1

MARINERS 60-1

INDIANS 60-1

CUBS 70-1

METS 100-1

PADRES 100-1

TWINS 100-1

ROCKIES 100-1

MARLINS 300-1

ASTROS 400-1

Why do all the good seasons have to be in a row? It's better but I'll take a guy who has 8 good years in 9 seasons than a guy who has 6 good seasons in a row and 3 bad ones. 

Nolan Ryan never strung together 6 years in a row of ERA+ over one hundred. He did have one 6 year streak of ERAs sub 3.5, though.

He was basically a .500 pitcher with an unremarkable ERA until 2011. I want to see more than three years of top level production before I anoint him one of the all time greats

First of all, citing his W-L record is silly. Second, he had a 2.79 ERA in 2009 and 2.91 ERA in 2010. That's unremarkable?

He's averaged between 4.1-6.6 WAR every year since 2009. He also has a top 10 ERA+ of all time up to this point. He's been elite for about 5 years now.