• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Hamiltown Appreciation Thread

Blarg

Claude has busted his tail over the last few years making our new free agent acquisitions feel right in right with witty signage that he and a dozen people hold up to cheer on those guys. From Matsuiland to Toriitown and now his screen name Hamiltown, Claude has been recognized across the nation in print and TV for being a fan just a little more involved than most.

Most of you know this already but what you may not know is that Claude is feeling a little down. Not so appreciated on the boards for his fiery points of view, he is thinking of folding up his own signage here on the message boards.

This would be like painting over the number 50 in the outfield of Angels stadium, it can't happen. So we need a little signage held up here to make Claude feel as though he has some fan support. I want you guys to get loud and get Claude to come out and tip his cap to the crowd.

Edited by Eric Notti

Well Claude, I will say that this is the beast that is the message boards.  In good times, people are pissed.  And in bad times people are really pissed.  And on this board especially, you have to separate the pissed from the really pissed.  

And I also feel your pain, I've cut down on my posting quite a bit, and will speak my mind then usually move on and not get involved in a back and forth like in the past.  Especially back in forth's where there is no reasonable discussion, and exploration of viewpoints.  I don't mind when there is a good rare discussion.  But someone usually tries to derail those threads and turn them into pissing contests.

My advice to you is take your good.  The support of the team with the signs, and the drunk, I mean fun section.  And as for the forums, post with the belief that 85% of the posters are idoits, post your say, and just move on to another post.  Check back to see if anyone has said anything meaningful and respond to those, otherwise, just hit the erase button on the other posts and forget you have even seen them.  It will keep your sanity when people get really pissed like last season.

Claude has my total support! 

Like myself, he's passionate to a T about this org.

Proud member of CLAUDETOWN

Claude I would encourage you to stay and continue to post. I've found myself, at times, wanting to fold it up myself, particularly after I write an article for the site or make a post and it gets lambasted..... sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for bad reasons. Sometimes it's hard to not take it personally especially in a medium (essentially posted e-mail) that doesn't easily convey emotions between the two parties speaking (use your emoticons dammit people!).

A message board has a lot of people with different personalities and not everyone is going to agree with your point of view on any particular issue. I'd love for everyone to agree with me (and they should! :P  :P  :P  :P ) but that is not the case.

I really hope you reconsider Claude as we need passionate Angels fans with varying points of view who believe in the team. It is what helps to make AW.com an enjoyable place to visit in good times and a place to help drown your sorrows in bad times.

AO is holding up the C and I will hold up the L :D

I love what Claude does at the stadium, no doubt about it. What he brings here is almost like the opposite of the positive vibe he brings to the stadium. I admitteditedly am hard on people who post a lot of negative things about the team. If that offends Claude I'll pull back. The one thing I love about Claude that sets him apart from some of the negative people on here is that even though he's pissed about certain players, he is still at the stadium supporting the team.

Ok this certainly caught my attention. Yes its been a tough go as a fan. Matsuiland was fun but ended quickly. Toriitown was a blast but its ending caught me by surprise. I had planned to do MOTOWN for Kendrys Morales but he was sent packing the day I picked up his sign (embarrassed at the sign shop). Then comes HAMILTOWN....who could go wrong? Me of course because the same week the Angels announced the opening of the TROUT FARM. I was even accused on another Angels fansite of jinxing players with the signs.

Anyway I've decided to take a winter break with the hope that our Angels make some better decisions this offseason. I do have a passion for our Angels and I get frustrated but I have no issues here with anyone at @ngelswin. You're the best but I need a break. I tip my cap to all of you and I'm turning the page. I'm following my Avatar to spring training.

Happy Holidays,

New Sign Undecided

Ok this certainly caught my attention. Yes its been a tough go as a fan. Matsuiland was fun but ended quickly. Toriitown was a blast but its ending caught me by surprise. I had planned to do MOTOWN for Kendrys Morales but he was sent packing the day I picked up his sign (embarrassed at the sign shop). Then comes HAMILTOWN....who could go wrong? Me of course because the same week the Angels announced the opening of the TROUT FARM. I was even accused on another Angels fansite of jinxing players with the signs.

Anyway I've decided to take a winter break with the hope that our Angels make some better decisions this offseason. I do have a passion for our Angels and I get frustrated but I have no issues here with anyone at @ngelswin. You're the best but I need a break. I tip my cap to all of you and I'm turning the page. I'm following my Avatar to spring training.

Happy Holidays,

New Sign Undecided

Personally, I find the offseason more enjoyable than the regular season.  You drop off a lot of the whiners and pissed off people.  The one's that stay and post often usually are more up for discussions and opposing viewpoints are met with civil disagreements instead of flames.  

To me, the boards are night and day between the offseason and regular season.  

Claude should definitely include Trout in his next sign. Doesn't even need to represent a town or ville or anything like that. A simple TroutMVP is all the sign would need.

Thanks for all that you do Claude! It was great meeting you a couple of years ago. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your sign.

Edited by xboom28x

Personally, I find the offseason more enjoyable than the regular season.  You drop off a lot of the whiners and pissed off people.  The one's that stay and post often usually are more up for discussions and opposing viewpoints are met with civil disagreements instead of flames.  

To me, the boards are night and day between the offseason and regular season.  

I feel the same way. It gets a little slower but the conversations seem more involved.

I'm hoping this year's offseason is better than the playing season. We need to be offseason champs again. Can anyone say 3-peat?

I love what Claude does at the stadium, no doubt about it. What he brings here is almost like the opposite of the positive vibe he brings to the stadium. I admitteditedly am hard on people who post a lot of negative things about the team. If that offends Claude I'll pull back. The one thing I love about Claude that sets him apart from some of the negative people on here is that even though he's pissed about certain players, he is still at the stadium supporting the team.

Well...  We all have a public face, and we all have to put up with a certain amount of BS and the sort we don't like, so we put on a happy face and just go about our business.  No matter how putrid the Angels have been -- dude is there, being positive, hard to find fault in that sort of devotion.   Most of us have a family or support group of some kind we rant to about whats going wrong, or just to vent... I think for many people, this message board serves that purpose..  if you cant rant to your friends and family -- then who can you rant to?  There is no denying the guy loves this team, or is passionate about the Halos...  The opposite of love isn't hate..  it's apathy..   I have never seen Hamiltown be apathetic.  

Soldier on, Claude..   We got your back.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Claude is a great guy and has done a lot of good with supporting this team. I have had great experiences with him both times I held up the sign in the past.

I think the frustrations he posts on here are all basically what we are feeling, but just aren't posting on a message board. This is the perfect place for a big fan to vent.