• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Religion of Peace

When I was in Berkeley, we had a discussion group that met weekly where we discussed the finer nuances of what acceptable means are to achieve one's goal when it comes to expression of their religion. We pretty unanimously decided that cases like this are alright given the oppression of Muslim beliefs around the world.

So Berkeley validates executing people in shopping malls to push forward political goals?

I don't think that characterizing these people as terrorists creates the proper dialogue. We need to think about the circumstances that have forced them to take this kind of action.

They've been taking these kinds of actions since the 7th century. It's the nature of the beast known as Islam. They've been on the march since the beginning.

Google "Battle of Tours", "Lepanto", "Siege of Vienna", etc etc etc.

So Berkeley validates executing people in shopping malls to push forward political goals?

I think you have to expand, enrich and reassess your perspective if that is what your takeaway from the conclusions of the discussion group. It should be noted that of seven professors that helped to facilitate the group, only 5 of them agreed in full with the general sentiment.

They've been taking these kinds of actions since the 7th century. It's the nature of the beast known as Islam. They've been on the march since the beginning.

Google "Battle of Tours", "Lepanto", "Siege of Vienna", etc etc etc.

I think your lack of knowledge and your thirst to discuss stories that involve death  (even justified actions seeking religious freedom such as this one) is clouding your view of this subject. I will not do your legwork and start Googling things. If you would like to cite things, please provide direct links and supporting original sources. Thank you.

Still, you guys felt planting bombs on school buses and slaughtering people who couldn't name Muhammad's mothers name is rational and acceptable means of pushing forth an agenda. A deep and rich conversation it must have been.

I think you have to expand, enrich and reassess your perspective if that is what your takeaway from the conclusions of the discussion group. It should be noted that of seven professors that helped to facilitate the group, only 5 of them agreed in full with the general sentiment.

Still, you guys felt planting bombs on school buses and slaughtering people who couldn't name Muhammad's mothers name is rational and acceptable means of pushing forth an agenda. A deep and rich conversation it must have been.

I'm not certain that we concluded that it was rational, only that it was acceptable. We understood that people may not have the ability to fully comprehend the complexity of the situation and could generate perspectives such as the one you apparently have regarding the issue.

I think your lack of knowledge and your thirst to discuss stories that involve death  (even justified actions seeking religious freedom such as this one) is clouding your view of this subject. I will not do your legwork and start Googling things. If you would like to cite things, please provide direct links and supporting original sources. Thank you.

Careful there. The mods spanked us for that thread from the old forum. At least they spanked me. But I guess you're a mod, so you can give yourself some leeway.

I'm not certain that we concluded that it was rational, only that it was acceptable. We understood that people may not have the ability to fully comprehend the complexity of the situation and could generate perspectives such as the one you apparently have regarding the issue.

Just wondering, do you think the mall shooting was acceptable now that you are years removed from college?

Just wondering, do you think the mall shooting was acceptable now that you are years removed from college?

I would think so. You have to remember that some of the people in my discussion group were some of the world's foremost liberal thinkers and professors. Their ability to clearly understand the situation improved over time as they were able to continue to build their knowledge base though further scholarly research and digestion of world events.

The same applies to me. I have expanded upon the framework that I built while at Berkeley. I am convinced that these actions are not only acceptable, but completely justified and function as the healthy assertion of religious freedom.

When I was in Berkeley, we had a discussion group that met weekly where we discussed the finer nuances of what acceptable means are to achieve one's goal when it comes to expression of their religion. We pretty unanimously decided that cases like this are alright given the oppression of Muslim beliefs around the world.

stopped reading at "Berkeley"

I would think so. You have to remember that some of the people in my discussion group were some of the world's foremost liberal thinkers and professors. Their ability to clearly understand the situation improved over time as they were able to continue to build their knowledge base though further scholarly research and digestion of world events.

The same applies to me. I have expanded upon the framework that I built while at Berkeley. I am convinced that these actions are not only acceptable, but completely justified and function as the healthy assertion of religious freedom.

The logical progression towards a policy of eliminating cats as a species.

'All Muslims leave... we only want to kill non-Muslims': Gunmen massacre at least 25 in Kenyan shopping mall after releasing anyone who could prove they were Islamic by reciting a prayer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427892/Nairobi-mall-Gunmen-massacred-22-Kenyan-shopping-centre-targeted-non-Islamics.html

Were they going on the honor system or what? I'd just say I'm a Muslim and get out of there.