• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia and the Yankees: End of an era?

NJHalo

From earlier this season. Still rings true though.

http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/6/14/4428840/mike-scioscia-angels-yankees-rivalry-game-preview

Knowing that he bothers Yankees fans that much, makes me want him to stay even more.

Why would the opinion of some other teams fans have any baring on whether Scioscia should stay? Your logical is absolutely and utterly baffling to me.

Peter Gammons was on MLB Network the other day, he said that him and Ken Rosenthal have been hearing that both Dipoto and Scioscia will stay with the team. Idk how much of that is true, just relaying what I heard.

Rosenthal in particular is usually pretty dead on. Gammons sometimes speculates a bit, but he is generally pretty accurate on the things he reports. Given that things have evened out and the team has a shot at making .500 by the end of the season, that may well be right.

Why would the opinion of some other teams fans have any baring on whether Scioscia should stay? Your logical is absolutely and utterly baffling to me.

If you notice the last word of my post is more. I want to see Mike back for a lot of reasons, all of which are of higher importance than what the Yankees fans think.

However, living in an area where I am surrounded by Yanks fans, it is good to know that my manager has beaten them enough over the years to get under their skin, despite not being a division rival. If the Yanks beat up the Angels over the last decade, I am sure they would not have as big of an issue with Mike.

Edited by NJHalo

I am a little surprised that someone from another team has this viewpoint of mike. Completely inaccurate perception though. I don't recall MS ever running out to argue every close play. He usually sort of scrunched up his face and looks at the umpire. Whatever it takes to win? mS has never been like that. He NEVER retaliates for a hit batter. Doesn't argue balls and strikes. He is way too comfortable in the dugout. I like that MS has gotten under the skin of this fan, but he has gotten into his head too. The MS that this fan describes simply doesn't exist.

it's pretty impressive that anyone who watches the Yankees on a consistent basis would point a finger at the opposing team for being annoying. 

Maybe that person missed the Yankee's catcher walking out to the mound after almost every pitch to have a conversation with the pitcher

Or every Yankee batter stepping out of the box after every called strike shaking their head with a look of disgust

Or the seemingly eight million pitching changes

Or the ridiculously discrepant strike zone that the yankees get

Or the jeter and rivera nut swinging when it's a national game. 

Or the mention of the Yankees and Boston rivalry during the same

I honestly done really care about the above all that much, but for some douche to think that anything the opposing side could do would be anywhere close to as annoying as what the yankees do during their consistent 4hr 9 inning games is ludicrous. 

well, whatever on all this -- IMO Mariano Rivera is having one of the classiest finale's ever and his 'goodbye' tour has been impressive.

Read this week's SI cover story EXIT THE SANDMAN for further confirmation of this.

Today is Mariano Rivera Day at Yankee Stadium.

Rivera is a class act.

I also happen to like the way Jeter has always played the game.

These guys are throw-backs who brought the grit from days gone by to today's game.

When they're gone, who's going to fill their shoes in this regard........not too many of today's players who GET IT, quite frankly.

May not like the Yankees, but have to respect Jeetz and Rivera as classy good ballplayers who play the game right.

The nice finish, which I hope will continue through this week so we can MAKE SURE THE RANGERS MISS THE PLAYOFFS, pretty much guarantees Scioscia and the coaches will keep their jobs.

Unfortunately, that's probably true. The Angels need a change.  I hope  at least they fire Butcher. 

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan