• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I still can't believe I watched that.  Absolutely incredible!!!!  All my teams won today and one of the best players to ever play in the NBA wins his final game and scores more points than anyone else in the NBA this season and the most ever for someones last game.  Just perfect :D

Until the last basket, Kobe outscored Utah 15-0 down the stretch.

Yes, Utah was missing Gobert and Favors, and had very suspect interior defense.

Still, Kobe scored SIXTY! In his farewell game!

AND Utah barely outscored him in the second half, 39-38.

Kobe Bryant scores an NBA season high SIXTY in his farewell game!

Didn't watch the game but saw the highlights.  I imagine the highlights are better than the game.  Pretty amazing.

I heard that people were paying $50k for seats to that game.  They weren't disappointed.

Storybook stuff.  Great way to go out.

Unreal. I feel like the guy could play forever

Did you see how tired he was? He couldn't even lift feet off the ground when he was running.

Yes his teammates wanted him to shoot but those shot weren't easy. Those last 2 shots (the 3 and the 2 to put them ahead) were unreal. As a 29 year old grown man a tear literally went down my cheek (picture the Native American crying in the commercial from the 80s). I never thought I'd cry over an athlete retiring.

Kobe himself took over the nba last night. Do people even realize the Warriors won game #73?

With about 6 minutes left I commented hat Kobe looked gassed and didn't have anything left in the tank. The Lakers were trying to come back but I thought Kobe was going to have to go to the bench. Kobe was going to have to come out of the game with his team way behind, or he was going to stay out on the court while the Jazz ran up the lead. Instead, Kobe went on maybe the best 6 minute stretch of his career. He left it all on the court, and found a gear I hadn't seen in years. Amazing.

i appreciated that his teammates let him shoot so much. this was certainly the time for it.

tuned in during the first half and saw he had 21 already and thought "nice, he'll be able to drop 30 in his final game. what a nice way to end." he found some kind of other-worldly gear for the second half, plus his teammates let him take over. was a fun thing to watch. 

i enjoyed how friendly he was in the post-game press conference. that's a side to him we haven't seen very much.

got a chuckle out of him saying that maybe now his girls will believe he was good since they saw this kind of game in person and not just hear about it or see stuff on youtube.

This may sound crazy, but for me, that is his most memorable performance of his career. 60 Points in his final game? After everything he's been through--the torn achilles, the fractured knee, the torn shoulder..on top of all the injuries he played through...to hit 60 in his final game at 37? Including the game winning shot and the game sealing FT's? For me, personally, that tops the 81 point game. It was incredible seeing him will his way through that 4th quarter. That 3 he hit to bring it to within 1 was incredible. He had no lift on that jumper...but it went in. I rank that right ahead of 81 in his personal highlight reel. 

And I totally agree with you Tank...I shed some tears during his post game conference. He literally looked like a giddy; happy kid on Christmas morning. That was a smile we haven't seen from him in years, maybe ever. Even when he won championships, it was a different sort of smile. Last night was like he could finally let down his guard and let us see the real Kobe Bryant...let us see the human side of him...not the basketball player. He was genuinely happy, giddy, joking...he looked like an 18 year old kid again who just got traded to the Lakers.

**** man, I'm going to go watch the game again. 

Unreal. I feel like the guy could play forever

Did you see how tired he was? He couldn't even lift feet off the ground when he was running.

Yes his teammates wanted him to shoot but those shot weren't easy. Those last 2 shots (the 3 and the 2 to put them ahead) were unreal. As a 29 year old grown man a tear literally went down my cheek (picture the Native American crying in the commercial from the 80s). I never thought I'd cry over an athlete retiring.

Kobe himself took over the nba last night. Do people even realize the Warriors won game #73?

yes.

thats what everyone is raving about up here.

kobe's final game is a distant second.

fun game tho. great way to go out.

50 shots is hilarious.

it was like rock n jock game. i was waiting for dan cortez to try for the 10 pointer.

One thing I heard on the radio this morning that really annoyed me was..."I wonder what Kobe would have been like if he grew up in a traditional African-American home..." WTF?

Also, the guy talking (didn't catch his name) was arguing that Kobe isn't iconic because he never changed the game. He puts Magic, Jordan, Bird, LeBron, and Curry above Kobe...

Uhm, excuse me? Isn't Kobe the biggest ****ing NBA star on this earth? Hello...****, China alone makes him that...He said that Kobe could have changed the game but decided to just be an assassin...I wanted to vomit.