• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto or Scioscia gone in offseason

Fullmer17

We better keep Scioscia, fire Dipoto and fire Butcher.

Mike Scioscia is a valuable asset to this club; I can't think of anyone who can replace him. This season was a wash and I don't blame Scioscia for what's transpired this year (although, he does deserve some blame).

Edited by failos

Again, firing a GM after only two years is a damning indictment on ownership.

When was the last time a GM was fired after only 2 years without a major personal scandal?

Steinbrenner went through GMs almost as quickly as he went through managers for a while.

Again, firing a GM after only two years is a damning indictment on ownership.

When was the last time a GM was fired after only 2 years without a major personal scandal?

If the GM was an established guy then yeah, but Dipoto?

The thing is it goes way deeper than the GM.  Look at organizations like the Cards and Braves.  They have excellent scouts and developmental people within the organization when it comes to identifying and maximizing talent.  This org, IMO really falls short in those departments.  I don't know if it is the scouts or the people who translate the scouting reports or both.

The thing is it goes way deeper than the GM. Look at organizations like the Cards and Braves. They have excellent scouts and developmental people within the organization when it comes to identifying and maximizing talent. This org, IMO really falls short in those departments. I don't know if it is the scouts or the people who translate the scouting reports or both.

Hasn't Dipoto been working on that? Can't expect an organizational re-tooling to pay dividends in 2 years, especially at the big league level.

No more aging superstars for big money!

No more trading too many pitching prospects away!

No more dumpster acquisitions!

No more ignoring foreign players!

No more ignoring having the right development and scouting folks!

These should become the Five Focal Fecal Points for Arte Moreno.

Fixed.

I pick team Mike. Jerry has tanked this organization with his crap fest of players he has hand picked.

Remember when mike used to start mathis over napoli? And wells over bourjos? Remember when mike sent jered weaver (9-0) back to the minors so we could start big brother jeff, and we missed the playoffs by like 3 games that year (2006)?

Mikes not exactly exempt.

Dipoto has made some mistakes, but aside from blanton they were pretty understandable.

And I've said it before. No past players have called out arte. None dipoto (yet).

You can argue both. But dipoto has had the job for a year and half. This team had problems before he got here.

Remember when mike used to start mathis over napoli? And wells over bourjos? Remember when mike sent jered weaver (9-0) back to the minors so we could start big brother jeff, and we missed the playoffs by like 3 games that year (2006)?

Mikes not exactly exempt.

and Abreu hitting 3rd, AFTER he had turned to mush at the plate

turning the page too quickly on mental mistakes, baserunning errors, cavalier play

and the absurd contact play that virtually NEVER works

time for Mikey and his coaching buddies to find a new ballpark

Let's also not forget Dipoto did not have a 1st round Rule 4 draft luck in his first two years as GM due to the owner signing the Albert Pujols and Hamilton.

If Arte dumps Dipoto watch Dipoto go all Napoli/Rodney/Segura like and build a dynasty with another organization...

To be fair YOT, I hope he does better than rodney and current segura.

But I agree. Shortsighted people eill look at this team without noting the holes he inherited, and compare him with reagins.

Lots of us laughed at dipoto before for how bad reagins raped him in the haren trade, too...

and Abreu hitting 3rd, AFTER he had turned to mush at the plate

turning the page too quickly on mental mistakes, baserunning errors, cavalier play

and the absurd contact play that virtually NEVER works

time for Mikey and his coaching buddies to find a new ballpark

to be fair, when that was going on, we didn't have too many options to hit 3rd. But I agree. Mike sticks to vets way too long.

No batting 5th, with a sub .200 average and no power...in august.....steve (steve steve steve), Finley (finley finley finley).

• 1 year later...