• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto or Scioscia gone in offseason

Fullmer17

Under different circumstances Dipoto should have more time, but his toxic relationship with Scioscia is going to force a change. From what I read in those articles, sounds like Moreno might be bad-mouthing Dipoto, which is not a positive sign.

Agreed that I think Dipoto is the one who goes, but it makes the FO look bad. Maybe next time consult with Sosh or actually go through with a new "vision" and let the next GM bring in his own manager

Agreed that I think Dipoto is the one who goes, but it makes the FO look bad. Maybe next time consult with Sosh or actually go through with a new "vision" and let the next GM bring in his own manager

Right. If there is a new GM and Scioscia stays, the same problem might exist going forward. Might as well let Scioscia choose the next GM, so at least the two can work together.

lol the owner has to consult with scioscia?  the problem is scioscia's ego and he can't seem to let go of the gm power he had in the organization before dipoto came in.  that's not dipoto's fault.

well, something is going to happen.

this team has been listless all season long -- they had one short run - when was it -- end of May, June -- where they put together a winning streak and then came home and got swept in a four game series by Houston -- this was after they won series against teams like Detroit.......

The easiest thing to do is to fire DiPoto and keep Scioscia but I'm not sure that's what will happen here.

the tension between DiPoto and Scioscia's philosophy of the game could be seen at the pre-season Angelswin.com Fanfest in Tempe (ST) when DiPoto spoke.......a life-time Halos fan friend of mine who attended the event with me commented then and since then about how DiPoto and Scioscia didn't seem to be on the same page.......

this season has been awful. Perhaps the largest gap between high hope expectations and finish in Halos history or close to it.

Yes, they've had worse teams and records but those teams weren't expected to do much -- this team 'Built for the Ages' as the pre-season marketing campaign blared (and for far too long into the miserable season after the team had floundered badly with little hope of resurrection)......

bright spot -- Garret Richards. Too little, way too late.

lol the owner has to consult with scioscia? the problem is scioscia's ego and he can't seem to let go of the gm power he had in the organization before dipoto came in. that's not dipoto's fault.

Considering the owner gave him that ridiculous contract, I'd say he probably already does or did consult with Sosh on alot of things.

Even with that budget on pitching, he overpaid Blanton. Who in their right mind is going to give him $7.5M? Seems like JD outbid himself. Don't forget he also tried to acquire Carlos Marmol, CARLOS ****ING MARMOL.

Scioscia is the most overrated manager in baseball. Im fed up with his idiotic style of managing. From his love of washed up veterans, to batting Aybar lead off, etc. I can go on for days with a list of bad moves Scioscia pulls. He needs to go along with Dipoto

The Dodgers resurgence hasn't helped,

the Halos had a window of opportunity to become S.Cal's MLB team during the McCourt debacle and couldn't seize the moment.

Now the Dodgers are back and there's a decent chance that the Dodger ownership group may now also own the LA Times..........

you can imagine how the balance of that coverage will go/ continue........

the more this plays out, the more I want them to keep Dipoto.  If he stays, he needs to lay down the law that he is the one in charge of building this team.  The problem with that lies in the fact that JD has no track record other than being the holy ghost of this trinity of baseball failure.  Not exactly something that's gonna look great on his resume.  So the 'my way or I walk' ultimatum is unlikely.

Meaning that there is a strong possibility that outside of Arte having a near death experience and recognizing the error of his ways, he will continue to call the shots and Lee Harvey Dipoto will be left in the book depository holding a rifle while Lyndon B. Scioscia assumes title as figurehead. 

And yes, Fidel Pujols will play a major role as well. 

And his inability to make substantive moves outside of Moreno's splashes have left the Angels 16½ games out of first place in the American League West 

You mean to tell me the pujols and hambone contracts affected the offseason budgets? That's not true

If Jerry is fired that is a damning indictment of the owner. Who fires a GM after 2 years? When was the last time that happened in MLB?

Let's also not forget Dipoto did not have a 1st round Rule 4 draft luck in his first two years as GM due to the owner signing the Albert Pujols and Hamilton.

If Arte dumps Dipoto watch Dipoto go all Napoli/Rodney/Segura like and build a dynasty with another organization...

Jerry Dip is gone. Scioscia is refuting differences like he has the upper hand.  i am sure Arte has told him in private he is safe and that there will be changes in the front office.  Angels are loyal to their main staff and are "family" oriented.  J.D. isn't part of the family.  he gets 86'd after the last game of the season..