• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else think Sosh is toast

ghoetke

I don't understand this infatuation with Erstad as a managerial candidate. Is he a good tactical manager? Is he obsessed with bunts and not striking out > plate discipline?

Just because the dude is/was gritty, had an abundance if willingness to win, the courage to compete and the passion to fight for what is right doesn't mean he can lead a bunch of decrepit 30 year nearly billionaire ball players and young players.

My ideal choice would be to clone Earl Weaver.

I love lists like this... where do you people come up with this stuff?

Kevin Kennedy - OH HELL NO!

Tim Salmon - No managing experience

Rod Carew - No managing experience and too old

David Eckstein - No managing experience

Darren Erstad - Only college experience, my personal opinion is please do not bring him in.

Any person who is not a jaded Angels fan would laugh his ass off at this list.

Why would Scioscia need to be fired?  Why can't he be promoted or traded to the large number of teams lined up at the door for his services?  I think Arte can remove Scioscia without eating any $$, not that it would matter.

No kidding. Do you honestly think his stance has changed in the last 4 months? 

I think that many things have changed in the last 4 months.  I am only speculating but it has the potential to become real.

Arte's $$ + Tony's ego + Albert Pujols + Mike Trout = very tempting opportunity to reassert LaRussa's legacy.

Only spitballing with the rest of the folks.  I am not sure if LaRussa fits with DiPoto's plans but he is out there.

How many are confident that with a healthy team, plus one new starter and one new closer, that Scioscia/Butcher can have this team back to playing well over .500 baseball?   I'm not.

And don't say the talent isn't there.    Is their a lot of talent in Cleveland?   Yet they are 11 games over .500.

LaRussa (age 69 during the 2014 season) wouldn't be the first around 70 year-old to succeed in a short term as manager.

Jack McKeon won a WS for the Fish in 2003 at age 71. 

Also, couldn't he be intrigued by becoming the first manager to take four different teams to the post-season (ChiSox, A'ths, Cards)?