• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else think Sosh is toast

ghoetke

Yeah, I know he has several years left on his contract. That shouldn't stop Arte...he has deep pockets.

Simply put, this team doesn't execute when its needed most-RISP and they strike out way too often. Don't get me started on the pitching.

You don't need prior managerial experience to manage a MLB team. If you know baseball, have a competent coaching staff and can count, you can manage. Talent helps too.

Possible Replacements ??

Kevin Kennedy

Tim Salmon

Rod Carew

David Eckstein

Darren Erstad

any of those  would do for me.

Dipoto should go too.The Greinke trade is certifiably one of the dumbest on record. Any thoughts who might replace him ?? Butcher and Eppard need to seek employment elsewhere too. Mark Langston, Brian Downing, Darren Erstad ??

If Sosh is gone at the end of the season, I don't have a specific manager in mind I'd like to see take over. Mainly because I don't know who the candidates will be. But I wouldn't be a fan of a ML rookie manager. This team needs to win now and find a skipper that can manage large egos. But most importantly the Angels need to hire the guy that is most passionate about the position. I wouldn't know who that would be without being involved in the interview process.

But I am confident that the Angels could find a manager that better fits this team for 2014.

Why does everyone always suggest former Angels and usually Angels from the 2002 team as the next manager? Carew is too old to manage (he'll be 68 in Oct.).

Yes, and he isn't the least bit interested.  I see him every year at a charity golf tournament, he is in no shape to handle the rigors traveling and managing.  Everyone seems to think of him as the Rod Carew of 20 years ago.

Salmon, Erstad, and Eckstien haven't even coached at the MLB (or MLB minor league) level, much less be in the running for a manager job.  Kevin Kennedy has a much cushier  job on the MLB channel, and hasn't coached or managed in years.

When the Angels replace Scioscia, it will come from the minors, or someone who has recently managed or at least coached at the MLB level.  Then again, if its Dipoto's decision anything is possible.  Better check the coaches and current staffs at Colorado and Arizona if you want likely candidates.  Or probably Scott Servias.  For a former Angel try Don Baylor (Hitting Coach in Arizona).

Here are some likely Dipoto style replacements (I don't like any of them, but Dipoto probably likes some):

Jerry Narron (Milwaukee)

Don Baylor (Colorado)

Scott Servais (Angels)

Bud Black (Padres)

Randy Knoor (Nationals)

Dave Righetti (Giants)

Torey Lovullo (Boston)

Gene Lamont (Detroit)

There's not a person on this earth who will make a difference managing this team until Dipoto gets his act together.  If Arte believes that Dipoto has not had enough time to implement his plan, then he needs to give Dipoto a contract for as many years as he thinks he needs to implement his plan.  If Dipoto continues on a year to year basis, he'll keep making short sighted, ill attempted fixes to get what he thinks are quick results so he can justify his employment.  We will end up with a few aging former superstars, and the rest AAAA players.

There's not a person on this earth who will make a difference managing this team until Dipoto gets his act together.  If Arte believes that Dipoto has not had enough time to implement his plan, then he needs to give Dipoto a contract for as many years as he thinks he needs to implement his plan.  If Dipoto continues on a year to year basis, he'll keep making short sighted, ill attempted fixes to get what he thinks are quick results so he can justify his employment.  We will end up with a few aging former superstars, and the rest AAAA players.

I think Dipoto would be viewed under a much better light without Moreno giving him interference.  The Pujols and Hamilton deals have made the GM's job infinitely harder for several years to come considering the lack of farm talent.