• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

OregonLAA

Exactly. Subtly implying that something fishy went on in last night's game is a joke. And name calling over a simple disagreement is hysterical. I think Oregon was one of the Clippers fans who said if they lost the series against Golden State, it would have been Sterling's fault. These guys even have their excuses prepared.

Another Paul mishap that hasn't been pointed out is that he had an opportunity to foul after he lost the ball in the closing seconds. There still would have been over a second left and the Clippers could have had an opportunity to either tie or win the game.

After the Sterling news, the Clippers clearly weren't affected in the way they played. That was their best game of the season. Also, Paul went for the foul at the end but it wasn't called? Were you watching the right game?

Barnes hit Jackson's left hand and the right one hit the ball out of bounds so that's the same thing? Lol nice troll job.

I watched the last 5 minutes and I was on the fence. I didn't really want the Clippers to lose, but I also wanted to witness something amazing. I saw something amazing. You guys all know how I am wired by now, I like positive things, so it sucks to see Paul make those mistakes down the stretch. I would much rather see a team play incredible down the stretch where they make shots like Durants incredible three late, than see a couple of turnovers and a foul. It sucked that it ended like that. I like my games to have heroes not goats.

NBA rule 8 section II:

"If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession."

So there you have it, Rivers has nothing to complain about even when going by the letter of the rule. Barnes hit Jackson's hand to force the ball out of bounds... the ball was awarded to the right team. The Clips choked game 5 pretty much the same way the Thunder choked game 4.

And by Paul's own admission, he admitted that he was the one to blame for the loss. Gotta give him credit for not being a pussy and blaming it on the officials.

except Barnes didn't hit the hand with the ball and beside that a foul wasn't even called. So that pretty much makes your point moot.

I don't want to sound like a dick because like I said I was torn about what to root for, but if the Clippers made a shot down the stretch this wouldn't be a discussion. I honestly thought Paul was going to bring the traffic to him and have him dish it off for a dunk to Griffin at the end of the game, but he simply lost control of the ball.

I don't want to sound like a dick because like I said I was torn about what to root for, but if the Clippers made a shot down the stretch this wouldn't be a discussion. I honestly thought Paul was going to bring the traffic to him and have him dish it off for a dunk to Griffin at the end of the game, but he simply lost control of the ball.

True. Or the turnover that led to the Jackson play. Paul should have just held onto the ball and taken the foul. It was terrible

True. Or the turnover that led to the Jackson play. Paul should have just held onto the ball and taken the foul. It was terrible

I do feel bad for you though. I know how I would feel if the Angels lost like that. They are basically the only team I am passionate about.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not a foul

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Foul. See the difference?

Paul: . “Everything that happened during the end, a turnover with 17 seconds left, assuming that they would foul — dumbest play probably that I’ve ever made. And then hitting Russell’s hand and calling a foul on a 3. Just bad basketball.”

even Paul knows he foued Westbrook. 

The refs also missed Paul fouling Ibaka with a little over a second left. The Clips had timeouts so even after all that, that game could have been won or at least going to overtime. The refs were terrible but I don't think it's a conspiracy, they just suck. I've been thinking the Clippers can make the Finals this year so I'm hopeful they shake it off. 

I don't believe in conspiracies in sports, but i would like an explanation on some of the things I mentioned. I hope the Clips can win the next two. I don't want to see a Thunder - Spurs repeat followed by a Heat - Spurs repeat. Basketball lacks parity.

I was just really burnt by how the game ended. I mean how did you guys feel after the 2005 ALCS game? Did you feel like you were cheated or that the Angels should have gotten the last out anyways? Or both? It's just a shit feeling after a decisive game especially considering it's a franchise that has been historically bad for years and I just want them to get over that hump.

OLAA, you may not believe this but I want the Clippers to win. They have 3 Bruins. : )

I think it would help if they would play Collison more than 10 minutes. You know, like they did in game 6

Collision was great in game 4 but he has been kind of brutal in the other games. He's actually much better when he plays off CP3 rather than running the offense. During the latest stretch of the season he was unstoppable in the same role because he wasn't missing threes and making people pay for forgetting about him. He hasn't had the same amount of chances, but he hasn't played exceptionally well either

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not a foul

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Foul. See the difference?

He fouled in both, but more obviously in the 2nd one?

Basketball is becoming weaker and weaker, though.

The flopping, falling down on jump shots... bulling into your opponent and they get called with the foul.

Gotta love it.

Edited by DW711

He fouled in both, but more obviously in the 2nd one?

Basketball is becoming weaker and weaker, though.

The flopping, falling down on jump shots... bulling into your opponent and they get called with the foul.

Gotta love it.

Ya I was being sarcastic. I was just trying to make the point that calls like that are never made because they determine the outcome of the game. The thing that has always bothered me with the NBA is the power of officiating. It's inconsistent at best and too much of the game lies in the hands if the refs