• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

OregonLAA

Nice.  You just choked away a 3-1 series lead and have never been to a Western Conference Final in your existence, let alone won any world titles.  But you're just glad you're not the Lakers.  Ha!  Must be nice to be so elite.

Bask in your history, please. It's all you have left

Pretty awful way to end the year. Redick, Barnes and Crawford didn't show up the last 3 games. Absolutely atrocious. Oh well, at least we aren't the Lakers

Well, at least we aren't one of the worst, if not the worst franchise in the NBA. I was actually rooting for the Clippers. I hate the Rockets and I can't help but feel bad for the Clippers, and their fans. 

Good luck next year. Go Lakers!

Bask in your history, please. It's all you have left

Don't both teams have their own history?  Lakers history=16 World titles + 31 Western Conference champions + won back to back as recently as 5 years ago. Clippers history=.389 all-time winning percentage.  No trophies, unless you are having participation trophies made up like they do in T-ball.  Let's all clap for them, they tried so hard.  I will admit that it has been rather cute with how the Clippers have been relevant for the past couple of seasons, while the Lakers have had a lull in their success.  Enjoy it, if you can, while it lasts.  History has shown it is likely momentary.

Don't both teams have their own history? Lakers history=16 World titles + 31 Western Conference champions + won back to back as recently as 5 years ago. Clippers history=.389 all-time winning percentage. No trophies, unless you are having participation trophies made up like they do in T-ball. Let's all clap for them, they tried so hard. I will admit that it has been rather cute with how the Clippers have been relevant for the past couple of seasons, while the Lakers have had a lull in their success. Enjoy it, if you can, while it lasts. History has shown it is likely momentary.

What are you talking about? Lakers have a great history. Clippers have a embarrassing history. Why are you comparing the two?

Wish there was some way we could get a top small forward. Barnes is tenacious but isn't big enough and enough of a threat for guys like Durant, Lebron or Leonard. Really Crawford, Barnes, and Redick blew those last 3 games for us. They were absolutely terrible and couldn't make any open shots

What are you talking about? Lakers have a great history. Clippers have a embarrassing history. Why are you comparing the two?

I was responding to your "go bask in your history" comment.  Clearly neither team is "basking" in the glow of current circumstances.  But if we're only basking in history, I was comparing the two.  Obviously, as a knowledgeable b.ball fan you can't possibly believe that the past is all the Lakers have...just as I wouldn't dare believe that the Clippers will fade back into the Clippers of old just because of a hard playoff exit.  Seems there has been a culture change with the trade for Paul and the ownership change.  We'll be back to the playoffs potentially as early as next season if things break well, 2016-17 worst case.  I'll cut you some slack for now as I know it's been a difficult week.  For what it's worth, I was pulling for the Clips vs. Houston.  Hate those f*ckers.

Ya some of that comment stemmed from getting on social media and seeing all the Laker fans come from hiding to gloat that the Clippers haven't done shit. It's like, I know you guys have a million championships, but can we have just 1? Just rubs me the wrong way

Lakers fans are the biggest bunch of bandwagon, hate filled, crybaby turd burglars on the planet.

Two bad seasons and half the fan base jumps ship and the other half are busy hating on the clippers

Your best teams ever can't get past 2nd round of the playoffs.

ya we're mad.

Hang up more selfies and less banners please.

• 4 weeks later...

Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes. This trade doesn't really help out the Clippers now but it is good for the long term. I think they will miss Matt Barnes as he is a tough player and cuts really well and is a good defender and plus rebounder for his size. Stephenson can replace some of that. Hawes is garbage and still owed 3 more years on his contract. Clippers need another big off the bench that can do more than be a warm body.

If Sthephenson does not work out he could be a valuable trade piece as his contract is expiring. If he turns out to do well and regains his old form we have a team option for next year.