• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why do people hate A-Rod?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vast majority of the hate came when he went to the Yankees. Remember when everyone thought he was going to the redsox? Boston loved him? Then they wouldn't pony up the extra Cash in the trade to Texas and deal was called off. The hate came a week or so later when he went to the Yanks. Is stupid really. He was the greatest power hitting SS ever in his prime and switched to third to accommodate Jeter and go to a team that wanted a World Series ring. There are a lot worse characters in baseball.

49241.jpg

I asked a baseball player about this and his response was, "you dont play for the fans, you dont play for yourself, you play for the team - and you do what it takes to help your team win"

kind of changed my perspective, and now I like him a lot more for all that

I asked a baseball player about this and his response was, "you dont play for the fans, you dont play for yourself, you play for the team - and you do what it takes to help your team win"

But ask yourself, is this really what A-Rod plays for?

For example, how's he helping his team win now?

Becoming a Yankee was just icing on the cake in my hate for him.

People hate A-Rod becaus they need a superstar fall guy for the steroid problem. Nobody is sitting around talking about how Nelson Cruz or Bartolo Colon should be banned forever because they don't get you the publicity that A-Rod does. He put that target on his back by being so damn good at baseball, then made it even bigger by taking steroids. Personally, I don't like A-Rod as a person, but I enjoy watching him play baseball. I think that Bud Selig and MLB is doing him dirty by giving him more of a ban than Braun, and that's rediculous.

Except the cases against them are not the same. If they were, it would be "rediculous" 

People dislike Arod because he went from being an arrogant elite player to a cocky douchebag, and then there's the steroid thing. I used to like him a lot, even pined for him at one time for the Angels. Now, can't stand him and all his douchiness. 

Considering I was sort of excited that he could potentially come to the Red Sox, I did appreciate his baseball prowess. However, when he went to New York and really flipped his Diva switch on, I was glad we didn't get him. We got a WS before him as well, so that was just icing on the cake. 

His link and admission to using steroids was even more reason to lose all respect for him. You don't get a pass for fessing up to having cheated. I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't forgive me, if I said "Sorry sweetie, I cheated on you for a few weeks a few years ago but that's all over now okay?"

For the record, I do think Bartolo Colon should be gone. Twice is too many.

But it definitely says plenty that almost everyone else is willing to take a deal, than fight. I feel like A-Roid is simply fighting to prove a point that MLB can't take away his millions and etc. Besides, the biggest difference is not only the usage of PED's, but the fact that he was some how trying to purposely impede the investigation of BioGenesis. Which is the reason I'm sure that MLB is ready to bring down the hammer on him.

I love how some of the baseball writers are whining about the fact that the suspension might be excessive for A-Roid. Yet they complain when MLB doesn't do enough to bring down the hammer on PED's? WTF? Either you want the game to be clean or not. Nail him to the wall, and show that it won't be tolerated anymore and make the Drug Test Policy stronger than ever.    

By the way, Nelson Cruz is way up there on the epic dickhead list now.  He cheats and gets caught so what does he do?  Fire his agent.

for the sake of argument, let's say cruz did buy something. if it were HGH, that's a banned substance but it's not a performance-enhancing drug. if you think muscle mass is an indication of steroid use there's nothing to show that he has used steroids. he's been the same size for the last 10 years.

secondly, he fired agents that have represented other players involved in the biogenesis scandal. i don't blame him for firing them.