• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Military/War Movie

Sure, if you are a 12 year old comic book dork.

If you prefer great writing, characters and overall filmmaking, The Dark Knight is completely superior.  The Dark Knight is a movie people will still watch and talk about 50 years from now, where the TRL is already forgotten.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thin Red Line is far from already forgotten. Maybe among the average movie goer goes, then yeah, they probably didn't even bother watching it in the first place. 

My view aside, it's critically acclaimed and appears on several best of lists. Not to say lists mean all that much I guess, but I believe it was on the most recent Sight & Sound Top 250 Films of all-time. Though I suppose TONS of those films on that list are forgotten as well going by the general public.

It wasn't that acclaimed.  It only scored a 78% from movie critics at RottenTomatoes and it failed at the box-office.  This is one of those movies that movie snobs claim to be great, but it really isn't.  It joins movies like Eyes Wide Shut and so on.

Edited to say:  Of course, to each their own.  I dig Malick enough that I saw this movie in theaters it second or third week out, but it was a total disappointment.

It wasn't that acclaimed.  It only scored a 78% from movie critics at RottenTomatoes and it failed at the box-office.  This is one of those movies that movie snobs claim to be great, but it really isn't.  It joins movies like Eyes Wide Shut and so on.

Edited to say:  Of course, to each their own.  I dig Malick enough that I saw this movie in theaters it second or third week out, but it was a total disappointment.

Rotten Tomatoes, I find to be a pretty bad gauge of how good a movie might be at least when comparing percentage against percentage. It usual favors the films that play it safe and don't take much risks. Since a film that 95% marginally like will have a better rating than a film that 70% LOVE and 30% HATE. I almost find it even more flawed than IMDb's user rating system.

Of course to each their own. Though I do agree with Eyes Wide Shut, not a fan either. Though I was like 18 when I last saw it.

Like it or not when it comes to movies being remembered it is the movie snobs that win out. 

Like it or not when it comes to movies being remembered it is the movie snobs that win out. 

Totally disagree.  When it comes to movies being remembered, it is the movies that reached the casual movie fan and the fanatics that make that movie stand the test of time.

This is why Star Wars will always be bigger, a larger influence and more loved than 2001.

Movie snobs hate Harry Potter movies, but those films will be remembered and loved 50+ years from now and so on.

Though I do agree with Eyes Wide Shut, not a fan either. Though I was like 18 when I last saw it.

I enjoyed Eyes Wide Shut upon further views, but it is a movie that has fans that will swear it is the best film ever made from an artistic standpoint and that is just BS.

eyes wide shut is awesome.

one of my fav films of all time.