• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks Dipoto

kevinb

So according to you Dipoto should have just gotten rid of all of the players and gotten crap in return.  There is nothing that could have been done right now. Things will get done this offseason.  I am so sick and tired of this ****ing bunch of debby downers on this board.  I hate this season as much as any Angel Fan but this season ended a long time ago.  Now we have to have faith that next year will be just the opposite.  I mean why don't you guys find a hobby or something,  What a bunch of shitholes.

I don't know about you but I don't watch the Angels games anymore. I only go to games when they are home because I have season tickets. I stopped watching and caring a long time ago this season. Said as much on this board. What I am annoyed with is how Dipoto didn't clear house and start fresh in the offseason. Dipoto has been a joke since he has been here and pretty much outside of Wilson nothing has worked out in his favor. All GM's want the best for their teams and they all think their moves are going to work out for the best of the clubs record. But that's where it goes wrong, GM's don't get fired for trying hard they get fired for the players they place on the team not working out. So in two years we have gotten worse. Probably not single handily the GM's fault but we are going in the wrong direction. Cut bait and and clean house and find someone who can do the job better. Pay someone more, go after proven commodities, give them the power they deserve and step aside Arte and watch what a real plan can do for this team.

Thank you Youth of Today. Finally we have someone with brains.

I would not go that far.

I have also been one of this organizations harshest critics for the past 5 years. That said, I would much rather recognize them for good decisions. I don't especially enjoy blasting Arte and others.

However, if bad decisions are made folks must be called out on them.

I'll post this here too...

How is it Jerry Dipoto's fault that:

Hamilton is mired in prolonged slump.

Madson/Burnett non-factors due to injuries.

Pujols played on one leg and is out for the final two months.

Vargas blood clot.

Hanson had death in family, injuries.

Weaver broken elbow.

Peter Bourjos injured, TWICE in the midst of having a great season. 

Joe Blanton has been the worst he has been by far at any time during his career. 

Mike Scioscia has made some of the worst calls from the dugout that I've seen in a long time. 

Is Jerry Dipoto perfect? Nope. But you can't fault him for trying to put an amazing team together. Where he could have done a better job is...

Kept Santana, not signed Joe Blanton.

Signed a sure thing closer like Rafael Soriano, then signed Madson for insurance if anything else. 

Not signed Josh Hamilton, kept Torii Hunter for two years. Kole Calhoun as Torii's insurance.

But yeah, it's easy to second guess the GM. We were all excited about Josh Hamilton. Most thought Blanton would post a 4.50 ERA and give us some quality starts, and we ALL thought Madson would be back by May the latest. Most were happy to see Santana go as well.

Agreed, I just wish some people wouldn't criticize every trade this team makes. They have made some terrible ones recently but the trade last night was not one of them.

You don't know that. Green might be another bust while Callaspo is a solid utility guy. The A's are happy to get him and I'm sure he's happy to get out.

Vargas blood clot.

Weaver broken elbow.

Joe Blanton has been the worst he has been by far at any time during his career. 

Mike Scioscia has made some of the worst calls from the dugout that I've seen in a long time. 

Is Jerry Dipoto perfect? Nope. But you can't fault him for trying to put an amazing team together. Where he could have done a better job is...

Signed a sure thing closer like Rafael Soriano, then signed Madson for insurance if anything else. 

Not signed Josh Hamilton, kept Torii Hunter for two years. Kole Calhoun as Torii's insurance.

But yeah, it's easy to second guess the GM. We were all excited about Josh Hamilton. Most thought Blanton would post a 4.50 ERA and give us some quality starts, and we ALL thought Madson would be back by May the latest. Most were happy to see Santana go as well.

Chuck we can go back and use the same excuses for Reagins.

Wells stopped hitting and was declining like Pujols.

Morales broke his foot.

Pinero and Kazmirs arms fell off.

Abreu got old.

Arte didn't want to re-sign Vlad and got Matsui.

Scioscia refused to let go of Mathis and forced the Napoli deal.

Scott Shields got old.

Yes Dipoto fleeced us for Corbin and Skaggs but he also put this organization in deep water with Hamilton and Pujols so he's no JeDi genius like he was touted to be. Don't forget Blanton.....

The productive nucleus of this team didn't come from Dipoto. Weaver, Trout, Trumbo, Aybar, Kendrick all come from a previous administration.

Last I checked Torii Hunter was hitting .316 and Josh Hamilton who is a much larger investment is only hitting .226

Vargas blood clot.

Weaver broken elbow.

While I agree with most of this, Blanton was an obvious failure when he was signed. A 32 year-old starter with a 5 ERA in the NL should be completely ignored in FA unless it was a drastic outlier (it's not, he's been terrible since 2010), and yet Dipoto gave him two years. That one move was absolutely terrible, not as costly as Vernon Wells, but pretty much on the same level of stupidity.

Funny how a couple of years ago fans were going nuts on Arte because he wasn't spending the money.  Now that he spent money everyone is pissed and said it has screwed this team for years.  I don't buy into this argument.  Arte will spend what is needed to get this team back to the playoffs.

Chuck we can go back and use the same excuses for Reagins.

Wells stopped hitting and was declining like Pujols.

Morales broke his foot.

Pinero and Kazmirs arms fell off.

Abreu got old.

Arte didn't want to re-sign Vlad and got Matsui.

Scioscia refused to let go of Mathis and forced the Napoli deal.

Scott Shields got old.

Yes Dipoto fleeced us for Corbin and Skaggs but he also put this organization in deep water with Hamilton and Pujols so he's no JeDi genius like he was touted to be. Don't forget Blanton.....

The productive nucleus of this team didn't come from Dipoto. Weaver, Trout, Trumbo, Aybar, Kendrick all come from a previous administration.

Last I checked Torii Hunter was hitting .316 and Josh Hamilton who is a much larger investment is only hitting .226

The GM is supposed to put the team in a good position to win. I thought Dipoto has done that the past two seasons. 

Not his fault the players underperformed two years in a row. 

Vargas blood clot.

Weaver broken elbow.

Blanton - I dont think a good GM makes a signing like Blanton or trades Santana for a nothing reliever.  Santana had a pretty good last 2 months, he could have used that as leverage in a trade but it looked like he just threw Santana away for nothing.

Madson/Burnett - The closer/reliever issue was here before he even came to the angels and even though he is well aware of it, he still hasnt fixed the problem. Depending on guys with a history of injuries is what a bad GM does.

Bourjos - a good GM has a backup plan and im not talking about shuck or cowgill.

Hamilton - I dont know about Hamilton, is he sucking because he doesnt play in Arlington for 81 games?  Was he on steroids?  I think you have to avoid huge risks like Hamilton, especially for 125m but that might be arte's doing.

Pujols - More bad luck, who could have predicted a guy with foot injuries would continue to have foot injuries as he got older?  

Scioscia-  he is a huge problem, his in game moves have been unbelievably dumb, and Im sure dipoto knows it.  There is little dipoto can do because of scioscia's contract and it seems like the media loves scioscia and thinks hes a great manager for some odd reason.  It's very hard to be a GM and disagree with a guy's managerial style who is well liked by the media and has a 10 year contract.

Most of these issues would be helped if he did some really good things as GM, but he really hasnt done anything that has worked out for this organization...at all

I hate this season as much as any Angel Fan but this season ended a long time ago.  Now we have to have faith that next year will be just the opposite.

Blind faith isn't my strong suit. I have to have some reason for my optimism. Just hoping that a bad team gets better for no apparent reason doesn't quite fit the bill.

At least I'm still a Braves fan.

The last two games have been a microcosm of the season. Last night we scored 11 runs, took a four-run lead with six outs to go and lost in extra innings. Tonight we got a great outing from an unexpected source, scored one run and lost in the bottom of the ninth.

Mike Trout has to be marking the days until free agency on the wall like a guy doing 20 years marking off time in his prison cell.

So according to you Dipoto should have just gotten rid of all of the players and gotten crap in return. There is nothing that could have been done right now. Things will get done this offseason. I am so sick and tired of this ****ing bunch of debby downers on this board. I hate this season as much as any Angel Fan but this season ended a long time ago. Now we have to have faith that next year will be just the opposite. I mean why don't you guys find a hobby or something, What a bunch of shitholes.

You are a psycho. Seriously.

The GM is supposed to put the team in a good position to win. I thought Dipoto has done that the past two seasons.

Not his fault the players underperformed two years in a row.

That fail could be attributed to the type of players that he chose to bring in. Those low risk high reward players were bad choices made by him. Our next door neighbors made better choices and they will make the playoffs. They went from going BK to the top of the NL West in the same timeframe. Dipoto didn't have enough experience to get a fulltime gig as GM IMHO.