• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks Dipoto

kevinb

Then he should be to blame for those moves.

Of course he bares some blame, as any owner would having signed off (and participated in) on a big $$$$ FA. The point is not to absolve him of any responsibility. The point is, this was a Dipoto decision that Arte agreed to and then lent his assistance to. This wasn't Arte telling Dipoto that the team was going to sign Pujols and forcing his hand. 

Of course he bares some blame, as any owner would having signed off (and participated in) on a big $$$$ FA. The point is not to absolve him of any responsibility. The point is, this was a Dipoto decision that Arte agreed to and then lent his assistance to. This wasn't Arte telling Dipoto that the team was going to sign Pujols and forcing his hand. 

You have no proof for that.

Boston's problem in 2012 wasn't talent. It was a toxic manager who every player hated playing for.

Not to mention I still think that Beckett may be a cancer.   Yes he pitched the deciding WS game 6 in 2003 for the Fish and was a Cy Young caliber pitcher for the Red Sux in 2007.   That was a long time ago, when he maybe wasn't the guy he is now.   Notice that without him pitching for the Raviners, things are better. 

Of course it is, it's an opinon. I formed that opinion based on everything I've read and heard (including Arte saying that all personnel decisions are the responsibility of the GM). Your opinion is different but it also has no "proof"  and is all speculative opinion. 

Of course it is, it's an opinon. I formed that opinion based on everything I've read and heard (including Arte saying that all personnel decisions are the responsibility of the GM). Your opinion is different but it also has no "proof"  and is all speculative opinion. 

Proof: Moreno convinced both Hamilton and Pujols to sign.  He could have said no.

I don't care who's fault it is. All i know is no one could have predicted this bad of a dropoff in production for both Pujols and Hamilton. Was there reason for concern, particularly with Pujols decline the previous two years? Absolutely. But no one could have foreseen Pujols would be hitting .250 in August of his 2nd year of the contract.

Hamilton had a horrid June and July last year, but people forget that he had a very good August and September. There was no reason to believe he could be a .230 hitter.

I think all of the management from top to bottom deserves blame in this. However I blame Pujols and Hamilton just as much for their own struggles as anyone else.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7214308/

to

Dipoto, newly appointed senior vice president and general manager of the Los Angeles Angels, says not to count out the franchise as a player in the free-agent sweepstakes for Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols.

"Don't assume that we have no interest in Fielder or Pujols," Dipoto said in an interview with ESPN.com baseball analyst Jim Bowden. "We don't want to lock the door. We are a high-revenue team and I'm a big believer in acquiring impact players. However, they are not our greatest need and are not priority number one on our list. 

Dipoto, who took over the job on Oct. 29 after replacing Tony Reagins, said the team's top offseason priority is strengthening the bullpen, especially in terms of right-handed arms.

"I like [Jordan] Walden and [scott] Downs, but would like to get them some help for closing out the last three outs of a game," Dipoto said.

One thing Dipoto made clear was manager Mike Scioscia's role in player-personnel decisions. Dipoto was asked whether there was any truth to the notion that Scioscia has the final say.

"No truth," he said flatly. "It has been portrayed to me directly by [owner] Arte Moreno, [team president] John Carpino and Mike Scioscia that I have final say in personnel decisions pending ownership approval.

"Scioscia's input, strong opinions and feedback will be weighed significantly. I am fairly certain, like I have my whole life, to work in an environment that understands that everything is a collaboration. That being said, Mike Scioscia has made it clear to me that he understands his role as manager and mine as the senior VP and GM."

If you want to save the board "the usual back and forth crap" as you put it, how about you start with not making that kind of snarky retort (you know the usual back and forth crap you mentioned) . I don't give a rats arse if you want to go back and forth or discuss this further. If you don't care to, don't. No skin off my nose. You made a comment, I rebutted. If you want to leave it there, don't respond back. It's as simple as that. 

Said the King of Snarky Remarks...