• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Trading Time

Contenders with needs at 1B:

Yankees

I have a feeling that there may be a blockbuster Phillies to Yankees trade.  Especially after Palpelbolm mouthed off.  Similar to the Boston/Doggie trade last year.  Like a Lee, Howard, Palpelbolm for Teixerra type of blockbuster.  

One in the same.  He is a prospect, and he is going to be a major leaguer.  I think you need to keep in mind, not every prospect is destined for superstardom, the fact that he's a sure-fire major league 3B (platoon partner/backup really) is actually quite valuable given the Angels current 3B situation.  

Look at Cron and Stamets for example.  Cron will not be an eilte Major League 1B, but I think he's a solid bet to hit .270 with 25+ HR's on a yearly basis in the major leagues.  Not a star, but likely a starter somewhere.  Stamets as well.  An amazing defensive shortstop, but he's not going to be lighting the world on fire offensively and most certainly won't be valuable as a fantasy option.  But I think without a doubt you're looking at a future major league SS. 

Good prospects. 

One in the same.  He is a prospect, and he is going to be a major leaguer.  I think you need to keep in mind, not every prospect is destined for superstardom, the fact that he's a sure-fire major league 3B (platoon partner/backup really) is actually quite valuable given the Angels current 3B situation.  

Look at Cron and Stamets for example.  Cron will not be an eilte Major League 1B, but I think he's a solid bet to hit .270 with 25+ HR's on a yearly basis in the major leagues.  Not a star, but likely a starter somewhere.  Stamets as well.  An amazing defensive shortstop, but he's not going to be lighting the world on fire offensively and most certainly won't be valuable as a fantasy option.  But I think without a doubt you're looking at a future major league SS. 

Good prospects.

Il give u that, they will be major leaguers at some point as backups, but theyre not exactly what I want to hear when i ask what is still in the system.

Well to me personally, the most exciting components in the system aren't as well known.  

1. Kole Calhoun - I think he's a legit major league starter and will be a great asset for the Angels now and in the future.  Left-handed, great plate discipline, power, very good defense, speed, intelligence.  He's going to be quite good. 

2. Jose Rondon - Great approach at the plate, very similar to Trout in that when he walks on the filed, you can just tell that athletically, he's on a completely different level than everyone around him.  He's going to be a good offensive SS with a refined game that makes it to the Major LEagues by age 22/23. 

3. Natanael Delgado - Very similar to Rondon.  Spent no time in DSL, was signed for a lot of money, came straight stateside and is just killing everyone in the AZL.  He's very young and very raw, but he's just oozing tools. 

4. The future RP.  I'm talking Mike Morin, R.J. Alvarez, Nick Maronde and Cam Bedrosian.  Very projectable arms could pay big dividends in the majors. 

5. The plethora of young SP just making it's way through the lower levels.  Hunter Green we all know about and yeah, I really like him.  But I'm also talking about Arjenis Fernadez, Kyle McGowin, Reid Scoggins, Cole Swanson, Yency Almonte, Victor Alcantara, Dan Hurtado, Gabe Perez and Key Middleton.  That's a ton of young pitching talent that's all the result of Dipoto and Ric Wilson.  I'm not saying they'll all be starters or even major leaguers.  But with a crop that deep, you're bound to come across at least two or three that will do big things as starters. 

I think the Angels go after Ian Kennedy because that was a trade that Jerry Dipoto headed up in Arizona.  He's got a solid relationship with Damon Oppenheimer in the Yankees and had scouted both Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy before.  This wouldn't be the first time Dipoto made a move like this, grabbing a prospect/player whose value is down but he was very familiar with from his days in Colorado and Arizona (Iannetta and Enright specifically, I know there are more I just can't think of any right now). 

As for Kennedy as a pitcher, I think that'd all depend on what the scouts see.  I think it's clear there's a lot left in the tank but he definitely has some adjustments to make. 

And that OregonLAA is exactly why I think Dipoto goes for them.  Starters on the open market will cost too much (see Zack Greinke and soon enough Matt Garza).  Players coming off career years certainly won't be traded and if they are, it'd cost more than what the Angels have to offer.  That's why I think Dipoto goes after starters with considerable past success and upside that are still under team control for another 2-3 years, but are coming off down seasons. 

I think the Angels go after Ian Kennedy because that was a trade that Jerry Dipoto headed up in Arizona.  He's got a solid relationship with Damon Oppenheimer in the Yankees and had scouted both Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy before.  This wouldn't be the first time Dipoto made a move like this, grabbing a prospect/player whose value is down but he was very familiar with from his days in Colorado and Arizona (Iannetta and Enright specifically, I know there are more I just can't think of any right now). 

As for Kennedy as a pitcher, I think that'd all depend on what the scouts see.  I think it's clear there's a lot left in the tank but he definitely has some adjustments to make. 

Kennedy for Blanton?  

And no not a joke.  Blanton might be better in the NL.  Kennedy is a 5.22/1.4, Blanton a 5.52/1.56.  Both not that great.  Blanton owed $7.5, with an $8 option ($1 buyout).  Kennedy will be in year 2 of arb this offseason.  This year he made $4.2 million.  

Kennedy isn't much.  But it might be worth a shot that maybe a change will revitalize him.  Blanton + $2 million for Kennedy?

If Dipoto trades for a pitcher in the offseason, it will probably be someone with the Rockies, DBacks or a player that was with those teams when Dipoto worked for them. A lot of the guys that Dipoto has signed or traded for were with those teams when Dipoto was part of those organizations (Iannetta, Cowgill, Hawpe, Gutierrez, Enright, Buckner). 

Hell no I wouldn't trade Kendrick or Aybar for someone who already had their career year and has been on the decline. They are worth more than a gamble on someone like Kennedy, his stuff isn't even all that great to begin with

If Dipoto trades for a pitcher in the offseason, it will probably be someone with the Rockies, DBacks or a player that was with those teams when Dipoto worked for them. A lot of the guys that Dipoto has signed or traded for were with those teams when Dipoto was part of those organizations (Iannetta, Cowgill, Hawpe, Gutierrez, Enright, Buckner).

And look how they all turned out. I wouldn't doubt he does something like that either

gotta move downs for whatever.  preferably a SP - probably in the low minors.  someone with upside. 

of Aybar and Kendrick, the most obvious is Kendrick.  We have a 2b prospect that is somewhat close to being ready, Kendrick is a year closer to FAcy than Aybar.  2bmen are easier to replace.  Still think it's too early, but if it nets you a legit starter, then you have to consider it. 

Trumbo still makes the most sense to move imo.  His power is a sexy commodity, but that's all he is.  He's a poor defender at 1b and in the OF.  He doesn't get on base or hit for average and he whiffs a ton.  Prone to long slumps etc.  His production is the most easily replaceable of any one offensive player on the team that is worth moving who may actually have value on the market.  If Morales can net Vargas, then I would like to think Trumbo could get us a little something more than that. 

I really hope that whatever happens we don't go on a trading spree this winter and move any minor leaguers.  The only potential time to trade prospect for this franchise over the next 2-3 years is if Josh and Albert are performing well and the team is in first place at the ASB but could use that one key player.  Otherwise, we need to keep what little farm talent is in the system. 

I still think this team is more than one or two pieces away from competing for the playoffs. This team is several years away. Forget about trading for established pitchers. Trade for guys in AA and AAA. In two years this team will be great again.

I know everyone thinks this team just got unlucky with injuries but this team has no depth. Other teams have gotten injured and been able to survive. If any of our good pitchers go down for an extended period of time we are done. We don't have much infield depth either. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/10-degrees--jake-peavy-the-best-of-a-thin-trade-market-as-players-brace-for-biogenesis-suspensions-052915787.html

Santana’s days as a trade chip again seem to be dwindling. Following the Royals’ sixth consecutive win that brought them back to .500 Sunday, the team no longer is considering selling Santana or reliever Luke Hochevar for future pieces, sources said. Kansas City wants major league-quality players who can help for a playoff run, the sources said, with the focus on upgrading their second-base black hole. Kendrick would be a perfect fit, and the Royals do have Danny Duffy, one of the hardest-throwing left-handers in baseball, stashed away at Triple-A coming off Tommy John surgery.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/duffyda01.shtml

Contenders with possible needs at SS:

Braves (Andrelton is not hitting a lick)

Reds (ditto for Cozart)

Cards (Kozma has an OPS of .589)

Contenders with possible needs at 2B:

Rays (Zobrist goes back to being a superutility guy)

Contenders with needs at 1B:

Nationals (assuming that they think they're still contending, LaRoche has fallen off from last year)

Yankees

Pirates

Contenders with needs in OF:

Rays

Indians

Again: the Braves don't need a shortstop.