• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Trading Time

Like I said, "hold his own"

Segura had a .750 OPS in AA.  Not saying Lindsey is Segura because he isn't at all, but it gives you a sense as to how tough Arkansas is to hit in.

Brandon Wood hit .907 in Arkansas.  Saying Arkansas is tough to hit in is just an excuse.

Like I said, "hold his own"

Segura had a .750 OPS in AA.  Not saying Lindsey is Segura because he isn't at all, but it gives you a sense as to how tough Arkansas is to hit in.

Yeah, forgot that Ark is a tough place to hit.  Segura's OPS is dropping like a stone right now but his speed is impressive and you have to like his upside overall.  If they trade Kendrick, Lindsey is probably their best shot at having a respectable 2B next season.

I don't see them dealing both Aybar and Kendrick, but hopefully they can move one of them for a good arm. Downs should be moved as well but at best they are looking at some RP prospect(but that's fine with me)

I doubt they deal Trumbo or Bourjos. Not much else to choose from after that. Callaspo maybe? Wouldn't expect much there

It's hilarious how we have the most valuable player in the game (Trout) and the least valuable player (Albert Pujols) in the organization. Lets hope for more Trouts and less Albertrosses.

I'd have to go with Hamilton on that one.  Could you imagine Josh's numbers if he was playing at 50-60% effectiveness.  Yikes...

I don't see them dealing both Aybar and Kendrick, but hopefully they can move one of them for a good arm. Downs should be moved as well but at best they are looking at some RP prospect(but that's fine with me)

I doubt they deal Trumbo or Bourjos. Not much else to choose from after that. Callaspo maybe? Wouldn't expect much there

If they can net us a 2 potential top of the rotation starters, I'd got for it.

I think trading Trumbo would be a terrible idea at this point.

Things would be different if Pujols and Hamilton were producing anywhere near their career averages, but since they're not -- Trumbo is about the cheapest backup plan available.  What if next year is the same and Pujols/Hamilton stick suck?  Trading Trumbo away means the only power hitter we would have left is Trout. 

Look at the lineup we had today.  Subtract Trumbo.  That is one sad lineup.  It's already bad enough that Shuck was our leadoff/DH for the game.

Where else can you get an .800 OPS hitter for $540,000/year?

Granted, he's eligible for arbitration starting next year but that's a much safer gamble than paying ANOTHER free agent slugger $20-25 million a season.

You can find career .305 OBP guys for far less than $20-25 million a year.

I think the Halos will hold onto Aybar/Kendrick/Trumbo and wait until the offseason to deal one or 2 of them. More time and more teams would show interest. Deadline is 3 days away so you don't want to rush into something like this unless a team just blows you away

Gotta move Downs at the deadline though. Get something back before he's gone in FA

Look at the lineup we had today.  Subtract Trumbo.  That is one sad lineup.  It's already bad enough that Shuck was our leadoff/DH for the game.

Yep, subtract Trumbo's meaningless double in the 9th and his run-scoring single in the 1st, and it's possible we lose by 5 or 6 runs instead of 4.

You can find career .305 OBP guys for far less than $20-25 million a year.

What's your point? 

Trumbo isn't a leadoff hitter and while he doesn't walk much for a slugger, he excels in other areas.  I think his main disadvantage is that he gets into deep slumps for prolonged periods and the frustration takes ahold.  That may go away with more experience under his belt. 

There's not many players in MLB anymore who average 30+ HR's. 

What's your point? 

Trumbo isn't a leadoff hitter and while he doesn't walk much for a slugger, he excels in other areas.  I think his main disadvantage is that gets into deep slumps for prolonged periods and the frustration takes ahold.  That may go away with more experience under his belt. 

There's not many players in MLB anymore who average 30+ HR's. 

Which other areas does he excel?

He's got 1 1/2 tools for me.

Our luxury tax number contains roughly $135 from guaranteed contracts.

Add roughly $20 in arb cases (Hanson, Trumbo, others) and you are already at $155 million. Vargas probably will cost $15 million+ for AAV. So we are now at $170 and still help in the pen and at least 1 mid role SP.

The tax threshold will probably be $189. We aren't going over that.

That does not leave a lot of $$ to fix this team's problems.

Trumbo isn't having the greatest year, but a look back proves how good he's been over long periods of time.  The problem is those long slumps which might go away with maturity.  As everybody knows from watching him, he gets way too frustrated when he slumps at the plate. 

If he could get past that, he might be a .900 OPS hitter. 

May 2012:  7 HR, 18 RBI, .367 AVG, 1.077 OPS

June 2012:  9 HR, 27 RBI, .260 AVG, .899 OPS