• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Trading Time

@JeffPassan: Angels are now 13 games back and open for business. Sources say they're willing to listen on Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick and plenty more.

@JeffPassan: @Swydan I'd say Kendrick at 2/19 is pretty desirable. And Aybar at 3/25.5 isn't a bad play, if you look back at the past few years.

If we can reload with young talent I'm all for blowing this team up. Especially if the market is beneficial to sellers.

Yep, at this point you have to listen to what other teams are willing to offer. That includes any inquiries on Trumbo, too.

I think trading Trumbo would be a terrible idea at this point.

Things would be different if Pujols and Hamilton were producing anywhere near their career averages, but since they're not -- Trumbo is about the cheapest backup plan available.  What if next year is the same and Pujols/Hamilton stick suck?  Trading Trumbo away means the only power hitter we would have left is Trout. 

I think trading Trumbo would be a terrible idea at this point.

Things would be different if Pujols and Hamilton were producing anywhere near their career averages, but since they're not -- Trumbo is about the cheapest backup plan available.  What if next year is the same and Pujols/Hamilton stick suck?  Trading Trumbo away means the only power hitter we would have left is Trout. 

Mmmmm .800 OPS really screams "power hitter" to me

The dude is really overrated.

Mmmmm .800 OPS really screams "power hitter" to me

The dude is really overrated.

Where else can you get an .800 OPS hitter for $540,000/year?

Granted, he's eligible for arbitration starting next year but that's a much safer gamble than paying ANOTHER free agent slugger $20-25 million a season. 

Where else can you get an .800 OPS hitter for $540,000/year?

Granted, he's eligible for arbitration starting next year but that's a much safer gamble than paying ANOTHER free agent slugger $20-25 million a season. 

I'm not arguing that.  He just isn't as good as most people make him out to be.