• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Trading Time

Trumbo isn't having the greatest year, but a look back proves how good he's been over long periods of time.  The problem is those long slumps which might go away with maturity.  As everybody knows from watching him, he gets way too frustrated when he slumps at the plate. 

If he could get past that, he might be a .900 OPS hitter. 

May 2012:  7 HR, 18 RBI, .367 AVG, 1.077 OPS

June 2012:  9 HR, 27 RBI, .260 AVG, .899 OPS

He started out hot this season as well but, since last July (covering 150+ games) he has a sub.700 Ops and has struck out over 190 times. Obviously, he could turn it around and get better but the recent trends are discouraging.

He started out hot this season as well but, since last July (covering 150+ games) he has a sub.700 Ops and has struck out over 190 times. Obviously, he could turn it around and get better but the recent trends are discouraging.

And, to be honest, maybe another team would see this as well and give us something relatively substantial in return for Trumbo.

Look, we don't HAVE to trade anybody, but if someone wants one of our non-Trout players bad enough, we have to listen, and if we get good value in return, we have to make the trade. The farm system isn't going to restock itself, and Trumbo does have a significant value as a trade chip. We HAVE to listen to offers.

He's 27 years old. He's pretty maxed out. There's room for some growth but at this point he's likely what he is. HE's a .780-.820 OPS DH, and most of his appeal is due to the fact that he's cheap. When he starts to make more money, his value lessens and he doesn't become as enticing. They should trade him if they can land a young SP back

He's 27 years old. He's pretty maxed out. There's room for some growth but at this point he's likely what he is. HE's a .780-.820 OPS DH, and most of his appeal is due to the fact that he's cheap. When he starts to make more money, his value lessens and he doesn't become as enticing. They should trade him if they can land a young SP back

So he's a 27-year-old Adam Dunn. That doesn't sound like trade fodder for a young SP.

we have no one available that anyone wants.....

we're not trading Weaver.

Frieri is interesting -- if a team wants him , I guess we can play the game of making some one over-pay for him.......no harm no foul because we got him for virtually nothing last year and he's given us two pretty good seasons during his time here.......

Downs -- watch the tape from Saturday's game and I don't think anyone would want him.

Iannetta?  Teams can look to their farm system for a back up catcher......Iannetta's D is better than I expected but for some reason (perhaps his lack of offensive production) he's fallen out of favor with Scioscia lately.

Seriously, what do we have (available) that other teams would want?

we're looking at some prospects at the A and AA level so nothing that will help us quickly.........but we need to re-stock the farm system..........

we have no one available that anyone wants.....

we're not trading Weaver.

Frieri is interesting -- if a team wants him , I guess we can play the game of making some one over-pay for him.......no harm no foul because we got him for virtually nothing last year and he's given us two pretty good seasons during his time here.......

Downs -- watch the tape from Saturday's game and I don't think anyone would want him.

Iannetta?  Teams can look to their farm system for a back up catcher......Iannetta's D is better than I expected but for some reason (perhaps his lack of offensive production) he's fallen out of favor with Scioscia lately.

Seriously, what do we have (available) that other teams would want?

we're looking at some prospects at the A and AA level so nothing that will help us quickly.........but we need to re-stock the farm system..........

Downs is every bit as valuable as any other rental lefty reliever. Which isn't that much, but dont act like hes worth nothing. He's been really good against lefties.

Why would we trade Iannetta? He doesnt have much trade value, yet is somewhat valuable to this team.

Frieri and Aybar are the two who could net us some good returns.

Its not that I don't like Trumbo, I do, but just that he's not the star that some seem to think he is. He's pretty much had the same season three years in a row - he hits around .260 with a sub-.800 OPS and 30 HR. His defense is solid and his plate discipline is somewhat improved. I could very well see him having a career year around .270/.850 with 35 HR, but I wouldn't necessarily bet on it.

Anyhow, I'm not desperate to get rid of him I just think its worth fielding offers. Some talk about him like he's untouchable, which he isn't.

I didn't say trade Iannetta, I agree his trade value is relatively low and his value to us is more than his low trade value.

Aybar? Not sure if a contender needs a guy like him unless they have a pretty good offensive stats SS and want some late inning D, some MIF depth and perhaps someone to Pinch run in the 8th/9th innings and then play some D.

Contenders want pitching help -- rotation and pen help.

Downs? If we can get something for him, by all means move him..........but if you were watching this weekend's game, would you want him? Value definitely DOWNS.

Frieri (spelled wrong, and now that he may be leaving us I am not going to take the time to remember how to spell it the right way) might be our best bet as a guy we could move at deadline time and get some decent value in return.

Trumbo??

Not sure why we would trade him UNLESS we are offered a lot for him -- unlikely.

Downs is every bit as valuable as any other rental lefty reliever. Which isn't that much, but dont act like hes worth nothing. He's been really good against lefties.

Why would we trade Iannetta? He doesnt have much trade value, yet is somewhat valuable to this team.

Frieri and Aybar are the two who could net us some good returns.

I wouldn't give up on Frieri yet.  he's approaching arb 1, so he still has club control for 3 more years.  And Closers can be expensive and most erratic.  We trade him, and who do we have to close?  Or pay $10 million on a chance in the offseason.  

I wouldn't give up on Frieri yet.  he's approaching arb 1, so he still has club control for 3 more years.  And Closers can be expensive and most erratic.  We trade him, and who do we have to close?  Or pay $10 million on a chance in the offseason.  

This. We have a decent closer for the first time in forever, and he is trade bait? There just aren't that many good ones out there. Sure, he blows a save now and again, but the world isn't loaded with Mariano Riveras. Trade Frieri and we wind up either trusting someone unproven or overpaying for someone on the same level at best in the free agent market.