• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(Scary) Bad Boy

His mother questioned the police use of force on her son, who was briefly handcuffed and whose face was bruised when police say the officer tried to control the boy by putting him in a police cruiser.

Sigh.  I swear, I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop.  

Yikes... I love mom's response.  Apologizing for her son's actions, but reprimanding the Officer.  He tried to take his gun, bit him hard enough to break skin, then tried to kick-out the window.  Suggestions?  God forbid, if the Officer had razed a 6Year old!

Maybe the old "Hold him off at arms-length, while he swings violently underneath" would have worked.

Pretty sad situation. I think someone here works with troubled kids. My girlfriend is a therapist and works with troubled kids. The stories she comes home with are just nuts. Cases where dad killed mom right in front of the kids, these kids being raped or tortured with cigarettes, kids prostituting at a very young age, or even crazy shit like the step dad killing mom and all the direct siblings but leaving alive the ones that weren't his. Your heart breaks for these kids and it's sad how small things mean the most to them because that's all they have or how just graduating high school is some kind of miracle.

I don't know if this kids has similar issues or scenarios, but I feel bad for him opposed to treating him like a lock him up for life type because he will do crimes in the future. I think most of these kids do go on to do bad things, but there are some that make it through. I hope he gets help.

Agreed, Brandon.  6 years old is generally legally too young to know the difference between right and wrong.  He will hopefully get the help he needs:  Medically (if his chemicals are out of balance) and psychologically (to find the causes of this extreme acting-out).  This kid might still get straightened-out, but I'd bet against it.

Agreed, Brandon.  6 years old is generally legally too young to know the difference between right and wrong.  He will hopefully get the help he needs:  Medically (if his chemicals are out of balance) and psychologically (to find the causes of this extreme acting-out).  This kid might still get straightened-out, but I'd bet against it.

I agree. Most of the cases she works with the kids relapse whether it's prostitution or even the odd like playing or eating feces. But there are always signs and triggers. The sad thing is how you mention them being too young to know the difference, they are also too young to know the signs or have a real sense of their psychology. It's just a bummer because most likely don't amount to much and it sucks because they never had a fair chance at life because of terrible parenting. Which is actually a trip. She says the kids are easy to work with, diagnose, etc. but it's the parents that are the real psychos.

Hopefully he becomes a success story. They are few and far between, but it does kind of help cover up all the other bad stories I hear when one of these kids graduates high school, gets accepted to college, or even something standard like getting a job or simply conveying their goals and plans.

Pretty sad situation. I think someone here works with troubled kids. My girlfriend is a therapist and works with troubled kids. The stories she comes home with are just nuts. Cases where dad killed mom right in front of the kids, these kids being raped or tortured with cigarettes, kids prostituting at a very young age, or even crazy shit like the step dad killing mom and all the direct siblings but leaving alive the ones that weren't his. Your heart breaks for these kids and it's sad how small things mean the most to them because that's all they have or how just graduating high school is some kind of miracle.

I don't know if this kids has similar issues or scenarios, but I feel bad for him opposed to treating him like a lock him up for life type because he will do crimes in the future. I think most of these kids do go on to do bad things, but there are some that make it through. I hope he gets help.

This seems like a good place to drop some Philip Larkin...

This Be the Verse

By Philip Larkin 1922–1985 Philip Larkin

They **** you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

This seems like a good place to drop some Philip Larkin...

This Be the Verse

By Philip Larkin 1922–1985 Philip Larkin

They **** you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

I used to believe in this as my code.

Then I knocked somebody up...

I only LIKEd this post because there wasn't a LOVE button. Cheers!