• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moving to Wisconsin

Good luck Nate. My wife and I made the move out of SoCal after being newly wed. Tough at first since we were both born and raised there. First few years we always talked about saving up to be able to move back, but going on 8 years now with two kids in school we love where we live now and don't really get home sick anymore. 

I wanted to go to Milwaukee when the Angels play there, but hotel rooms in the area are going for $600 if you can still find em.  Apparently, Harley Davidson's 110th Anniversary on Labor Day Weekend is somewhat popular.   

I didn't even realize they played there this year. Damn. I have family I could stay with. And my uncle will for sure be at that Harley thing.

You need to hop on the summer clearence sales for Honda snow blowers. Wait till October and the prices will skyrocket.

My Wife's cousin has one she is going to give us.

The one thing we realized when looking at all of the pictures is that we don't have very much furniture so we will be spending a lot of time on Craigslist trying to fill up the house.

Thanks again everyone, I am glad we will be close to Chicago so I can catch a few Angels games out there.

As far as snow removal, the lady who lives there now says she usually just hires someone, it only costs her 25 bucks.  Definitely the way to go.

Scott - That is a really big time out here, there are people renting out houses for the week of the HD celebration for 5k a week.  I would say look out in Germantown or Mequon to see if you can find a good hotel.  We are staying in the Best Western Quiet House in Mequon and it is a really nice two story loft for $100 a day.  Not sure that it would be that cost during the celebration though.

Congrats Nate!  Your story is very similar to my son's who moved to Indiana a few years ago.  They bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a finished basement for $189,000...They love the area (20 minutes from Indianapolis) and are quite happy they made the move.

I wanted to go to Milwaukee when the Angels play there, but hotel rooms in the area are going for $600 if you can still find em.  Apparently, Harley Davidson's 110th Anniversary on Labor Day Weekend is somewhat popular.   

you should just crash at nate's new place. i'm sure he's up to it.

one of my friends happened to be in green bay one august and wanted to stop by and see lambeau field, maybe take a tour. they got there and found the parking lot packed as apparently it was the packers yearly intra-squad game. they were able to get in (i think he said it was free) and got to see the pack play. talk about being in the right place at the right time.

get yourself up to green bay, mister.

Scott - That is a really big time out here, there are people renting out houses for the week of the HD celebration for 5k a week.  I would say look out in Germantown or Mequon to see if you can find a good hotel.  We are staying in the Best Western Quiet House in Mequon and it is a really nice two story loft for $100 a day.  Not sure that it would be that cost during the celebration though.

There are some nearby now for around $200.  I think they've release more rooms and lowered prices.  I'd have to rent a car or pay more even more for taxis, though.  Doesn't seem worth it.   

Welcome neighbor! Well, by state anyway. If you ever want to come out to the Twin Cities for a series when the Angels come to town, let me know.

Or if the Bruins ever make it out here to Big 10 country

Sounds good. Same here for Milwaukee or Chicago.

Nate, winters are cool until january 1st. Once the holidays are over, it gets cold and it sucks. The kids get tired of playing in it too. Winters here in Utah are not as bad as what you will see but they still suck. I recommend getting into at least one winter activity to help pass the time until summer. We do cross country skiing and we also have separate activities that we only do in the winter so thekids are not bored of them..... Basketball season tickets, certain playgrounds, museums, indoor swimming, etc. Even with all that January, February, and the beginning of March still suck