• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moving to Wisconsin

Glad you made it safe!

Man, we just did that drive back from the AngelsWin Fanfest.  I forgot how much I hate driving acrossed Eastern California and all of Nevada.  But once you hit Southern Utah and Western Colorado ... man!  It's God's courntry!  So beautiful!

I don't dispute that Utah and Colorado have prettier surroundings, but I think the Mojave Desert is seriously underrated. 

There's something liberating about being the only person within a ten mile radius and being able to hear the faintest of sounds miles and miles away.  The thunderstorms are awesome.  My dad and I camped in the Mojave National Preserve about fifteen years ago when a thunderstorm rolled in about 4:00am.  I've never seen so much lightning in my life.  The strikes were so frequent that the brightness was hurting my eyes.  Several Joshua Trees in different locations around us were on fire because they had been struck by lightning. 

Another time, off of old US Route 66 between Barstow and Needles, I got buzzed at very low altitude by an F-17 doing practice maneuvers out of 29 Palms.  They use that basin a lot for practice.  The pilot was showing off and having fun with us.  Best air show ever.

Nate...congrats on the move.  You are doing what I wish I had the guts to do.  I have a job that would allow me to move almost anywhere in the country and part of me would love to get out of CA.  The company I work for recently had an opening in Oregon and I seriously thought about it.  We just have so much family here and a house that is currently underwater.

Earlier this year I was in New Hampshire for a week for work and loved it.  Last week I was in Utah for work and I didn't care for Salt Lake City, but I loved Park City, Heber City and Midway.  It is so different in other states for sure.  Once you get used to the snow, you will be very happy.

Thanks Jim!  Oregon was one of the other states we considered.  NH is amazing but really expensive like CA.

We love it here.  It was definitely hard to leave family and friends and I have been home sick quite a bit but I know that will go away and in the end my family will be better off for it.

Thanks Jim!  Oregon was one of the other states we considered.  NH is amazing but really expensive like CA.

We love it here.  It was definitely hard to leave family and friends and I have been home sick quite a bit but I know that will go away and in the end my family will be better off for it.

Where in Oregon?

Here is a picture of all the gas receipts from our trip, we stopped pretty much any time we were near a half a tank since we didn't know how far we would be from the next gas station.  The picture didn't come out well so here is the description:

From top left to right: Eagle CO, Richfield UT, Kearney NE, Julesburg CO, Empire CO, Lincoln NE, Cedar City UT, Primm NV, Marshall Town IA, Dubuque IA, Grand Jct CO

The hand written one was at Julesburg CO which is on the border with NE. It was super redneckville, the receipt printer was broken and the people there were not very friendly so I wrote one by hand...

Cheapest gas was in Marshall Town IA - $3.57 for premium. Most expensive was Primm NV/Kearney NE both $4.29 for premium.

o2QfXuo.jpg?1

Edited by nate

Here is a picture of all the gas receipts from our trip, we stopped pretty much any time we were near a half a tank since we didn't know how far we would be from the next gas station.  The picture didn't come out well so here is the description:

From top left to right: Eagle CO, Richfield UT, Kearney NE, Julesburg CO, Empire CO, Lincoln NE, Cedar City UT, Primm NV, Marshall Town IA, Dubuque IA, Grand Jct CO

The hand written one was at Julesburg CO which is on the border with NE. It was super redneckville, the receipt printer was broken and the people there were not very friendly so I wrote one by hand...

Cheapest gas was in Marshall Town IA - $3.57 for premium. Most expensive was Primm NV/Kearney NE both $4.29 for premium.

o2QfXuo.jpg?1

Primm and Jean, NV are both expensive (especially Jean). Keep going into Vegas and you get much better prices.

I'm really glad you are happy there.  The more I see how your family was able to do the move and be happy, the more it may influence me to make the move.

Primm and Jean, NV are both expensive (especially Jean). Keep going into Vegas and you get much better prices.

My daughter needed to use the restroom so we stopped.  All in we spent $426 on gas on the trip plus the $60 we put in before we left.