• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moving to Wisconsin

Man, I think that's awesome.  I've contemplated just picking up and moving somewhere.  That house and land look terrific.

I could see myself in Wisconsin.  True DR story:  my grandmother, who passed away a few years back aged 103, came to California (Riverside) as a child from Wisconsin.  She lived in a log cabin and her father went out one day to chop some wood.  He got struck and killed by lightening.  His wife wanted nothing more to do with the weather, so she sold what little they had and moved her and my grandmother to Riverside, taking the trip by train.  With the money she had, she purchased an orange grove.  The following winter would have a terrible freeze that ruined the crop and they lost pretty much everything.

Lesson:  They should've stayed in Wisconsin.  So, you're making a good move here.

insane what you can get for the $$ outside of CA. 

spend that $$ on your family and travel man, looks gorgeous out there.

as a 180, here's a little article about buying a place here right now.

https://blog.wealthfront.com/5-tips-for-buying-in-silicon-valleys-crazy-real-estate-market/

Wow, crazy the amount of bids over asking. That area is nuts.

Sounds like you are making a good move for you and your family Nate.  It's great that your wife's family is out there so you are still close to family.  I made the move from California for a year and a half or so and although I didn't miss California as much as I thought, I missed my family too much and had to come back.

You will definitely find that your money will go a lot further outside of California so enjoy the extra disposable income!

Nate, winters are cool until january 1st. Once the holidays are over, it gets cold and it sucks. The kids get tired of playing in it too. Winters here in Utah are not as bad as what you will see but they still suck. I recommend getting into at least one winter activity to help pass the time until summer. We do cross country skiing and we also have separate activities that we only do in the winter so thekids are not bored of them..... Basketball season tickets, certain playgrounds, museums, indoor swimming, etc. Even with all that January, February, and the beginning of March still suck

Thanks for the advice.  MT gave me similar advice about stuff like gymnastics, etc.  We already started looking for a new music school and a gymnastics class.

Got back last night to find out car wouldn't start.  Had to have the starter replaced on it today.  Nice FU welcome back from California.

After walking to the nearest car rental place I went to Home Depot and filled up the rental car with boxes got home and started packing.  I f'n hate moving.

• 1 month later...

Made it here yesterday around 4:30. Don't have any of our stuff yet so posting from my phone. The drive is awesome up until you hit Denver and then it is just corn... 1000 miles of corn. Southern Utah and the Rockies are beautiful. Nebraska sucks a fat one and Iowa isn't much better.

Made it here yesterday around 4:30. Don't have any of our stuff yet so posting from my phone. The drive is awesome up until you hit Denver and then it is just corn... 1000 miles of corn. Southern Utah and the Rockies are beautiful. Nebraska sucks a fat one and Iowa isn't much better.

You should have stopped for some good beer and a joint.

Nate, did you go through grand junction?

Glad you made it safe!

Man, we just did that drive back from the AngelsWin Fanfest.  I forgot how much I hate driving acrossed Eastern California and all of Nevada.  But once you hit Southern Utah and Western Colorado ... man!  It's God's courntry!  So beautiful!