• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon ‘loves’ the opportunity to hit leadoff

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ive had homes on both coasts since 2010 or so.  Miami is primary residence because of my Mom -- healthcare system in FL is world better than CA when it comes to the elderly.  She's starting showing that mental decline that comes with old age and I don't want to be 3K miles away should something happen.

You're a good son. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Also, being able to see directly into the Angels dugout, Rendon was one of the more animated guys in there, he was constantly up and hyping others --ditto Adell.  So for those of you that have convinced yourself he's an awful teammate -- it didn't look like it from the way the other players interacted with him.

I really hope Adell breaks through this year.  

Thanks for taking the time to show me the positive side of his at bats

Just to be clear

I'm not getting down on him as a person and it does sound like he is a good teammate

It's his not hitting and getting on base that I'm on him about

I know there is no way to prove it, but it looks like he didn't work so hard in the off season on his batting?

Like all other pros I expect guys on my team to do all they can do to stay in shape and keep up on their batting and fielding

14 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Just to be clear

I'm not getting down on him as a person and it does sound like he is a good teammate

I know there is no way to prove it, but it looks like he didn't work so hard in the off season on his batting?

Like all other pros I expect guys on my team to do all they can do to stay in shape and keep up on their batting and fielding

Rendon might have been cheeky because he has said silly things in past interviews, but when asked about his off-season goals he said something along the lines of just not having surgery. 

12 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Just to be clear

No need to explain yourself -- I get it, I see it the same way.  I'm still very concerned his legs are shot.

14 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I don't know anything about what he did this offseason other than he said he was doing things differently in hopes of avoiding injury or to account for the wear and tear.  My guess by looking at him is he did a ton of cardio and tried to be lighter to put less stress on his body.  

Hopefully he's learning how to play at his current size or ends up gradually putting weight on as the season goes and he gets a feel for what his body is telling him because he's expensive AF and they need to get production out of him.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I think if he was retired he might just do that as a way to travel to every stadium. That is on my bucket list. 

same here. going to try and hit three new parks this summer with my kid - oak, sf, and seattle. denver is also a possibility.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

same here. going to try and hit three new parks this summer with my kid - oak, sf, and seattle. denver is also a possibility.

If you've never been to Oakland, scratch from your bucket list unless that's a barf bucket. Save that trip for when they end up in Las Vegas. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

If you've never been to Oakland, scratch from your bucket list unless that's a barf bucket. Save that trip for when they end up in Las Vegas. 

i've been to oakland many times but my kid wants to see it before it's gone. 

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

i've been to oakland many times but my kid wants to see it before it's gone. 

I went 2 years ago, and the entire experience just feels like old school baseball. No big loud speakers all over the place, no LED screens in your face all over the place, no bells and whistles.

I loved my visit.

It's definitely worth going to at least once.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

I went 2 years ago, and the entire experience just feels like old school baseball. No big fancy speakers all over the place, no LED screens all over the place. I loved my visit.

It's definitely worth seeing once.

i went there for games back in the 80s. saw maybe a dozen games there over the years.

the worst experience i had was seeing a guy in the men's room who was in such a hurry to piss that he didn't want to wait in line. just whipped it out and used the sink. 

oddly enough, my biggest concern about oak and sf is parking my car safely and knowing it'll still be there after the game without being destroyed. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i went there for games back in the 80s. saw maybe a dozen games there over the years.

the worst experience i had was seeing a guy in the men's room who was in such a hurry to piss that he didn't want to wait in line. just whipped it out and used the sink. 

oddly enough, my biggest concern about oak and sf is parking my car safely and knowing it'll still be there after the game without being destroyed. 

My gf and I went to SF when we were both on spring break a couple weeks ago. We just took the BART and the Muni everywhere. It was so easy, and we never felt even a little uncomfortable. We had a great time just hitting up breweries, cool dive bars, and little local sites. I was there for my kids’ school trip a year ago as well. It was a great time. No issues.

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

My gf and I went to SF when we were both on spring break a couple weeks ago. We just took the BART and the Muni everywhere. It was so easy, and we never felt even a little uncomfortable. We had a great time just hitting up breweries, cool dive bars, and little local sites. I was there for my kids’ school trip a year ago as well. It was a great time. No issues.

Uh oh, you're about to make some folks very angry. Some might even accuse you of lying because the only narrative they accept is that San Franciso is a cesspool of homeless drug addicts.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Uh oh, you're about to make some folks very angry. Some might even accuse you of lying because the only narrative they accept is that San Franciso is a cesspool of homeless drug addicts.

Maybe, but I’m not looking to invalidate anyone’s actual experience visiting the area. My two trips in the past year have been great. I couldn’t imagine driving myself around there, though. Parking looks expensive and a PITA. The train and the bus make it so much simpler. I wish we had a good public train system here in Vegas.

12 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Also, being able to see directly into the Angels dugout, Rendon was one of the more animated guys in there, he was constantly up and hyping others --ditto Adell.  So for those of you that have convinced yourself he's an awful teammate -- it didn't look like it from the way the other players interacted with him.

That's nice to hear.

I've said in the past that all that matters about the off-field stuff is how his teammates perceive him.

If his teammates like him and he isn't bothering any of them, then the opinions of others (fans, media, etc) don't matter.

27 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Maybe, but I’m not looking to invalidate anyone’s actual experience visiting the area. My two trips in the past year have been great. I couldn’t imagine driving myself around there, though. Parking looks expensive and a PITA. The train and the bus make it so much simpler. I wish we had a good public train system here in Vegas.

You're not invalidating anyone's experience. None of them have been to San Fran, Portland, Seattle, etc. in years. 

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

"It hasn't happened to me, therefore it doesn't exist."