• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon ‘loves’ the opportunity to hit leadoff

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

Fucking dumb. 

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only thing worse than the stupidity of tweets like that are Angel fans retweeting or sharing those tweets. 

I asked you before, respectfully, as your friend: Why do you support this guy so much? That spray chart joke is fucking hilarious. Come on, man. 

What's the angle? No, he's not your relative blah blah blah. Are you just being contrarian for the lols? If so, I'd respect your dedication to the bit. 

He's just...not worth defending. I truly don't understand.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I asked you before, respectfully, as your friend: Why do you support this guy so much? That spray chart joke is fucking hilarious. Come on, man. 

What's the angle? No, he's not your relative blah blah blah. Are you just being contrarian for the lols? If so, I'd respect your dedication to the bit. 

He's just...not worth defending. I truly don't understand.

It’s very simple. I don’t look at guys as villains. I think he’s been injured and I think he doesn’t like talking to the media. Fans are bothered by players who are hurt and fans don’t like rich players not talking to the media. I think guys (not you) are looking for simple answers like “he doesn’t care” or “he doesn’t try” or “he hates baseball” or “he’s a clubhouse cancer” and none of that is remotely true. So those takes are fucking stupid and always will be. As for the spray chart, that guy on Twitter has been anti Angel for quite some time so no I don’t think it’s funny. I also think framing things to put person in a worse light is a hack job. Saying he’s hitless since July 4th 2023 while technically is true, it leaves out honesty and the fact he was injured. It implies he played more than he did and hasn’t gotten a hit. You could easily say he didn’t have a hit in his last six games. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I also think framing things to put person in a worse light is a hack job. Saying he’s hitless since July 4th 2023 while technically is true, it leaves out honesty and the fact he was injured. It implies he played more than he did and hasn’t gotten a hit. You could easily say he didn’t have a hit in his last six games. 

At the time that tweet went out it had been a grand total of 6 games, 24 at bats without a hit.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

At the time that tweet went out it had been a grand total of 6 games, 24 at bats without a hit.

But that doesn’t sound as bad as since July 4th, 2023.  That doesn’t sound as bad comparing it to pregnancy.  Are you sure it was only 6 games?  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s very simple. I don’t look at guys as villains. I think he’s been injured and I think he doesn’t like talking to the media. Fans are bothered by players who are hurt and fans don’t like rich players not talking to the media. I think guys (not you) are looking for simple answers like “he doesn’t care” or “he doesn’t try” or “he hates baseball” or “he’s a clubhouse cancer” and none of that is remotely true. So those takes are fucking stupid and always will be. As for the spray chart, that guy on Twitter has been anti Angel for quite some time so no I don’t think it’s funny. I also think framing things to put person in a worse light is a hack job. Saying he’s hitless since July 4th 2023 while technically is true, it leaves out honesty and the fact he was injured. It implies he played more than he did and hasn’t gotten a hit. You could easily say he didn’t have a hit in his last six games. 

Ok let's take out the money aspect as well as his "attitude". 

He's been worth a whopping 3.9 total fWAR so far with the Angels. So basically he's been a 1 WAR player here. Josh Hamilton was worth 2.4 fWAR, or a 1.2 WAR player. Pujols was a 0.8 WAR player. Wells was a 0.6 WAR player. 

I don't think you can just excuse everything and endlessly defend the guy because he's been injured. It took him 3 years to play 148 games (not including the Covid year to be fair). They've needed him, and he hasn't been healthy. And yes, you can say that about Trout as well, but he's still been great despite missing time. Rendon hasn't. 

So I've not mentioned $ or his attitude and showed you that he still sucks. 

I hope he can stay healthy this year and contribute. The Angels need him. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok let's take out the money aspect as well as his "attitude". 

He's been worth a whopping 3.9 total fWAR so far with the Angels. So basically he's been a 1 WAR player here. Josh Hamilton was worth 2.4 fWAR, or a 1.2 WAR player. Pujols was a 0.8 WAR player. Wells was a 0.6 WAR player. 

I don't think you can just excuse everything and endlessly defend the guy because he's been injured. It took him 3 years to play 148 games (not including the Covid year to be fair). They've needed him, and he hasn't been healthy. And yes, you can say that about Trout as well, but he's still been great despite missing time. Rendon hasn't. 

So I've not mentioned $ or his attitude and showed you that he still sucks. 

I hope he can stay healthy this year and contribute. The Angels need him. 

Yep he needs to be healthy.  

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You included his Covid season in his fWAR total so, I wouldn't exclude it. 

But it's hard to say the injuries aren't a huge factor if in his first 207 games as an Angel he's managed 3.9 fWAR. Over 162 games that translated into a 3 fWAR player. He will never live up to the contract, he won't even if he manages to average 3 fWAR a year over the remainder of his career but you really can't downplay the impact injuries have had on his production.

Most of the BS following him around right now is that interview and for most Angels fans -- the Sam Blum soap opera.

By the end of April he will have a .300 OBP and if he stays healthy by the end of May he will be above league average in OBP.  That doesn’t mean he will be having a good offensive season, but it will be helpful at the top of the line up to have a better than league average OBP.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

By the end of April he will have a .300 OBP and if he stays healthy by the end of May he will be above league average in OBP.  That doesn’t mean he will be having a good offensive season, but it will be helpful at the top of the line up to have a better than league average OBP.  

Agree with this, as a guy that, due to health was out of work for a while, getting up to speed takes some time. 

Right now his timing is off. He will get there.

Remember when healthy he is a game changer. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I still don't believe he's got his legs completely under him. He's pain free and he's not all upper body but I do believe that he's lacking his old strength. He was never huge or reliant on his power so it's still likely he gets more into game shape as the season progresses but he will either have to adjust for the loss of 5-10 feet on his FBs or see his offense flounder.  The batting eye and and bat speed/control seems to still be there.

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But that doesn’t sound as bad as since July 4th, 2023.  That doesn’t sound as bad comparing it to pregnancy.  Are you sure it was only 6 games?  

Yep.  His last hit was on July 3rd 2023, he then went hitless in his first five games of 2024.  But I was wrong it had only been 22 at bats at the time that tweet went out.

59 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It was a fucking joke but you want to be a fucking asshole about it. Everyone else on the board saw the humor in it, so it's a Stradling problem, a you problem, an out of control apologist problem. So quit trying to put it on others what is your problem. Quit being that guy. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It was a fucking joke but you want to be a fucking asshole about it. Everyone else on the board saw the humor in it, so it's a Stradling problem, a you problem, an out of control apologist problem. So quit trying to put it on others what is your problem. Quit being that guy. 

Tell us how you really feel, sir.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ok fuck off blarg, dick.  

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep.  His last hit was on July 3rd 2023, he then went hitless in his first five games of 2024.  But I was wrong it had only been 22 at bats at the time that tweet went out.

Out of control apologist.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

You included his Covid season in his fWAR total so, I wouldn't exclude it. 

But it's hard to say the injuries aren't a huge factor if in his first 207 games as an Angel he's managed 3.9 fWAR. Over 162 games that translated into a 3 fWAR player. He will never live up to the contract, he won't even if he manages to average 3 fWAR a year over the remainder of his career but you really can't downplay the impact injuries have had on his production.

Most of the BS following him around right now is that interview and for most Angels fans -- the Sam Blum soap opera.

Episode 17 GIF by The Simpsons

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Out of control apologist.  

You can't use the term if you tried to hide where it came from. Here again, you are trying to control all of the narratives you don't agree with but you can't. You're a jerk about the subject of Rendon, and like many other subject you've decided to Don Quixote. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can't use the term if you tried to hide where it came from. Here again, you are trying to control all of the narratives you don't agree with but you can't. You're a jerk about the subject of Rendon, and like many other subject you've decided to Don Quixote. 

Cool, you are a cunt about a lot of things.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I disagree. Most of the BS he has saddled upon himself doing stupid shit like starting a bench clearing brawl with a cast on getting coaches and teammates suspended and fined, getting into a fight with a fan in the stands and getting suspended, being unable to take the field, while injuries were out of his control, the narrative he created in the media is his to own.

Rendon created the guy people think he is. Four years is a damn long time to wait for him to actually play a full season and change that narrative. Fans of any team lose their faith in a player after all that BS, a guy who didn't give them much to cheer for and drags the team down.

Most fans, not Stradling, but most fans.

Rendon shouldn’t have gotten into with the fan that was completely on him.  He didn’t start the bench clearing brawl.  He wasn’t the one that chose to start an opener and he didn’t hit the batter.  He came out of the dugout when the guy was coming to the dugout. I guess he could have played peace maker, but I am sure then the usual group of fans would talk shit about him being soft for that since they think he is soft for being injured. I wish he was healthy.  He wishes he was healthy.  

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Glad to see you are taking the criticism objectively.

I mean you were incredibly objective giving me the feedback so I responded in the same style.  I am sure you can respect that.