• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon ‘loves’ the opportunity to hit leadoff

20 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He alone, stepped out of the Angels dugout confronting Winkler, in a cast, and initiated the physical fight. Sorry, but his role is to not get involved, taunt Winkler and risk further damage to his already injured wrist. For that alone, he is a dumbass. This isn't a narrative, it isn't fiction, it is fact. He fucked up. 

Tell me again how it's not fiction or a narrative when you start by saying he alone..   

Some people are Neville Chamberlain, others are Winston Churchill. 

If you look closely Rendon was actually mouthing Churchill's "We will fight them on the beaches" speech as he bitch-slapped Winkler.

"Never be a Chamberlain when you can be a Churchill", pretty sure Confucius or Jesus said that.

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Lost in that story is Winkler was going to be kicked out of the game for ignoring the umpires orders and approaching the Angels dugout. They all could have laughed at him as his manager drags him back to the tunnel and a pinch runner was inserted in his place. Instead, some high school shit took place. 

I for one am glad Rendon didn't pass up getting his biggest hit of the season that day.  I couldn't even remember Winker's name today but I won't ever forget how a one handed Anthony Rendon told him to go pound sand somewhere else.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just so we’re clear I’m not defending Rendon by pointing out blarg is full of shit. I’m just showing that blarg is full of shit. 

I'm defending him. 

I love that that glorious surly SOB went out there one handed the way he did.  Reminded me of how Bobby Grich would lose his shit every time he got into a brawl.

They should have put his cast in the trophy case next to that boring WS trophy.

18 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Tell me again how it's not fiction or a narrative when you start by saying he alone..   

Some people are Neville Chamberlain, others are Winston Churchill. 

If you look closely Rendon was actually mouthing Churchill's "We will fight them on the beaches" speech as he bitch-slapped Winkler.

"Never be a Chamberlain when you can be a Churchill", pretty sure Confucius or Jesus said that.

I for one am glad Rendon didn't pass up getting his biggest hit of the season that day.  I couldn't even remember Winker's name today but I won't ever forget how a one handed Anthony Rendon told him to go pound sand somewhere else.

Tinkie Winkie works for a name.

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before getting a severe reality check. With all the negativity and scorn he's been bombarded with maybe he's finally become determined to get his career back on track. 

Hopefully Rendon has put the past behind and can focus on the present. Just the day to day baseball routine. 

I think expectations at this point are just for a decent, competent season. And no big injuries. No one expects him to recapture his all star form. But if he can be productive at a solid pace in his role it should be a positive for the team. Double digit homers maybe though his power seems reduced  so far. More walks than Ks. A return of"Tony Two Bags" in a more modest form. And at least average play in the field. 

35 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before getting a severe reality check. With all the negativity and scorn he's been bombarded with maybe he's finally become determined to get his career back on track. 

Hopefully Rendon has put the past behind and can focus on the present. Just the day to day baseball routine. 

I think expectations at this point are just for a decent, competent season. And no big injuries. No one expects him to recapture his all star form. But if he can be productive at a solid pace in his role it should be a positive for the team. Double digit homers maybe though his power seems reduced  so far. More walks than Ks. A return of"Tony Two Bags" in a more modest form. And at least average play in the field. 

He's had a couple good games.