• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's sacrilege to hate John Lackey

Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said Lackey’s comportment is not an issue among the position players.“That’s Lack. It comes from an honest place,” he said. “He’s not trying to show anybody up, he’s just being competitive. If you know him, you know that’s not really him.”

Last season, when asked about Lackey, former Angels outfielder Torii Hunter winced at first“Misunderstood guy,” he said. “But a good teammate. He just doesn’t show that side in public like some people do.”

... then decided he better lie and say something nice

Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said Lackey’s comportment is not an issue among the position players.“That’s Lack. It comes from an honest place,” he said. “He’s not trying to show anybody up, he’s just being competitive. If you know him, you know that’s not really him.”

Last season, when asked about Lackey, former Angels outfielder Torii Hunter winced at first. â€œMisunderstood guy,” he said. “But a good teammate. He just doesn’t show that side in public like some people do.”

How many years now has it "not really been him" in embarrassing his teammates after they make a mistake?

If 5-6 months is immediately after, you are correct.

Why you guessers pretend nothing else may have happened before or during that time period that led to divorce... or that you know she didn't want it... I have no idea. 

You should make fun of Jerome Williams, then.  That would actually upset people.   

Speaking of Jerome:  Lackey's going to be borrowing his pink glove as a way to support and honor women fighting cancer.

Ha!  Just kidding.  John thinks those women are a nuisance. 

How much more trolling can one guy do?

Lackey won game 7? No, he pitched 5 innings before getting his ass bailed out by the bullpen. The Angels won the World Series in game 6, game 7 was a formality.

After that Lackey was a temperamental little bitch throughout is career as an Angel. Constantly calling out his defense for not making gold glove plays on every hit into the gap he gave up. He had only one standout season in 2007, the rest were somewhat forgettable, particularly his last season with the Angels where he was cussing out everyone from his fielders to the grounds crew.

Maybe you guys forget his last playoff appearance for the Angels? Screaming at Scioscia for being pulled after giving up 3 runs and loading the bases for the Yankees in the 6th inning showing no control over his pitches or emotions. Weaver, the Angels true ace came in on 2 days rest and pitched an inning to shut down the Yanks and get them to game 6.

He landed in the perfect place for his attitude, the Boston Red Sox, the organization of whiney bitches. I hope the Angels wipe their cleats on him today. A 4th inning meltdown where he shows his colors again, screaming at his defense and the manager when he pulls the plug would be perfect.

Screw Lacknuts.

I'm no Lackey fan after his comments about the fans but your memory is a bit distorted. Lackey wasn't bitching at Sosh after giving up 3 runs and trying to stay in the game. Lackey was cruising in that game. He got into trouble by loading the bases but had two outs . Mike came out and Lackey wanted to finish off the inning by saying "Sosh, I got this." Sosh took him out to have Darren Oliver face Tex. Oliver had been cruising in the playoffs so wasn't a dumb move. First pitch Tex saw, three run double and the beginning of a 6 run 7th until the Angels tied it up and got the lead in the next inning. Eventually won game 5. It actually was a really great game Lackey pitched.

I usually like ex-Halos -- most of them -- usually.

EXCEPTIONS -- Lackey, Scott Schoenweis and, of course, Mo Vaughn.

At first I didn't like Edmonds when he left via trade because of the snide remarks he made in SI article about the Halos -- the one where the article started off with Edmonds throwing his Halos equipment bag into the trash can in the Cardinals locker room. But I came around on Edmonds -- hard to forget his highlight reel catches.

But Lackey? Didn't like the way he left the Halos and the comments he made afterwards....so, no, I don't root for Lackey at all, in fact, the opposite.

Torii Hunter? I'll always root for him, even when he's hitting against the Halos......