• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's sacrilege to hate John Lackey

How much more trolling can one guy do?

Lackey won game 7? No, he pitched 5 innings before getting his ass bailed out by the bullpen. The Angels won the World Series in game 6, game 7 was a formality.

After that Lackey was a temperamental little bitch throughout is career as an Angel. Constantly calling out his defense for not making gold glove plays on every hit into the gap he gave up. He had only one standout season in 2007, the rest were somewhat forgettable, particularly his last season with the Angels where he was cussing out everyone from his fielders to the grounds crew.

Maybe you guys forget his last playoff appearance for the Angels? Screaming at Scioscia for being pulled after giving up 3 runs and loading the bases for the Yankees in the 6th inning showing no control over his pitches or emotions. Weaver, the Angels true ace came in on 2 days rest and pitched an inning to shut down the Yanks and get them to game 6.

He landed in the perfect place for his attitude, the Boston Red Sox, the organization of whiney bitches. I hope the Angels wipe their cleats on him today. A 4th inning meltdown where he shows his colors again, screaming at his defense and the manager when he pulls the plug would be perfect.

Screw Lacknuts.

How much more trolling can one guy do?

Lackey won game 7? No, he pitched 5 innings before getting his ass bailed out by the bullpen. The Angels won the World Series in game 6, game 7 was a formality.

After that Lackey was a temperamental little bitch throughout is career as an Angel. Constantly calling out his defense for not making gold glove plays on every hit into the gap he gave up. He had only one standout season in 2007, the rest were somewhat forgettable, particularly his last season with the Angels where he was cussing out everyone from his fielders to the grounds crew.

Maybe you guys forget his last playoff appearance for the Angels? Screaming at Scioscia for being pulled after giving up 3 runs and loading the bases for the Yankees in the 6th inning showing no control over his pitches or emotions. Weaver, the Angels true ace came in on 2 days rest and pitched an inning to shut down the Yanks and get them to game 6.

He landed in the perfect place for his attitude, the Boston Red Sox, the organization of whiney bitches. I hope the Angels wipe their cleats on him today. A 4th inning meltdown where he shows his colors again, screaming at his defense and the manager when he pulls the plug would be perfect.

Screw Lacknuts.

True post. He was always yelling and pissed off on the mound. I remember when he had that no-hitter going against the Red Sox. I think it was Pedroia who got a hit in the 9th inning to break it up. After that hit, Lackey was yelling at the catcher (can't remember who was behind the plate at the time), "Give me the ball! Give me the ball!" He just seems like a jerk. 

He pitched well, but did so on three days rest.  That's why he went five innings. That, and the the fact the Angels bullpen was awesome.   He wasn't bailed out by any means.  He left after the fifth.  Donnelly started the sixth.

If his performance in Game 7 wasn't the best by a starting pitcher in that World Series, it was the second best. 

The rest of your post gets more inaccurate and bitter.  Bottom line is you hate that he went to the Red Sox.   For me, that kinda sucks, but I didn't necessarily think he was worth it... and I don't begrudge any of these guys for any decision they make at free agency.  When you are a baseball player, choices are rare, and your career is short.  

I hope the Angels score 9 runs in the first inning against him tonight... just like every other opponent's starting pitcher.

“You won’t find a more popular guy among his teammates,” said Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon, the bench coach of the Anaheim Angels when Lackey played there. “He’s an enjoyable person to talk to and I know you don’t believe that. John just isn’t conscious of his public image and never has been. He grew up as a baseball player and he considers himself accountable to his teammates, not the fans. It can come off the wrong way.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/02/06/after-bruising-years-lackey-ready-take-mound/nhKG5WSols2ANMt1GKtKUP/story.html

Lackey was a dick on the mound. He very well maybe a really nice guy off the field.

Although I'm guessing his cancer-stricken wife he divorced will probably disagree.

I'm guessing you are as clueless as everyone else on this board when it comes to the details of his personal relationships.