• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon injured again, possibly out for season

Should be self-explanatory - dark red is already paid (not including 2024), lighter red is still to be paid/played (including 2024). Money is adjusted using an inflation calculator, from the first year of the contract to 2024 dollars.

I set it so that the $10M cells is slightly larger than 1 WAR, going with the idea that a free agent contract is "worth" roughly $8-9M per WAR, at least by market rate. So the idea being, that for a player's contract to be worth the money, the green part has to be about as tall as the dark red. All of these have fallen far from that, obviously. Matthews Jr produced -0.5 WAR as an Angel, but was paid $85M in 2024 money. But they're all bad, with Pujols being the worst so far. If he doesn't turn around, Rendon's will be similar to Albert.

image.png

Edited by Angelsjunky

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Should be self-explanatory - dark red is already paid (not including 2024), lighter red is still to be paid/played (including 2024). Money is adjusted using an inflation calculator, from the first year of the contract to 2024 dollars.

I set it so that the $10M cells is slightly larger than 1 WAR, going with the idea that a free agent contract is "worth" roughly $8-9M per WAR, at least by market rate. So the idea being, that for a player's contract to be worth the money, the green part has to be about as tall as the dark red. All of these have fallen far from that, obviously. Matthews Jr produced -0.5 WAR as an Angel, but was paid $85M in 2024 money. But they're all bad, with Pujols being the worst so far. If he doesn't turn around, Rendon's will be similar to Albert.

image.png

There's no chart attached to your post. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

image.png

Ouch!

That just magnifies how bad these contracts were/are

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

hairline fracture of the left testicular region forthcoming.

Did you hear about the balding guy who cracked his skull? The doc said it was a receding hairline fracture.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm a dad now. This is me doing better. I can keep this up until my daughter starts the eye-rolling phase in 7 to 8 years.

Just a warning: Once that phase begins, it doesn't really end. Best you can hope for is "fond eye-rolling," but that probably doesn't kick in until late teens and maybe not until deep in their 20s.

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

They did, last season. And he split himself in two like a Popsicle and missed over half of the season. 

Freak accident,  kind of like Trout getting hit in the hand and missing the last three months of the season.