• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon injured again, moved to 60-day IL

10 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

This reminds me of Josh Hamilton. Right before Hamilton went down yet again, there was a spurt where he looked like an MVP again. Last few weeks Rendon has looked great. 

This is the like the eighth time Rendon has been through this cycle.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/anthony-rendon-hamstring-injury

"Rendon, 33, started off his season by going 0-for-19 through his first five games but batted .357/.413/.411 (20-for-56) with three doubles and three RBIs over his last 14 games, including his infield single on Saturday. He had been serving as a catalyst atop the lineup in front of Mike Trout and had been starting to get it going offensively.

“I think that's one of the most frustrating parts, right?” Rendon said. “I'm starting to barrel the ball more, and when I didn’t I was just starting to find holes. Like earlier in the season, I was barreling it and they were catching it. I think that’s the most frustrating part, I was getting into a groove and of course this happens."

"In 2021, Rendon missed time with a left groin strain in April, a left knee contusion in May, a strained triceps in June and a left hamstring strain in July, but it's unclear if this injury is similar. He also underwent right hip surgery that August.

Rendon didn’t recall the hamstring injury and said he’s still not sure how long he’ll be out with this injury.

“I have no idea,” Rendon said. “A majority of my career, it’s always been quad. I’ve never really dealt with a hamstring.”

Edited by jsnpritchett
Bad link before!

He has openly said he doesn’t like baseball.  He has openly said the season is too long.  He’s been a dick to the local media (who have been very tolerant of him), he’s physically assaulted fans.

He has the ability to play baseball at a fantastic level.  But he’s admitted he doesn’t look at it as anything more than a job.  He’s 33 and at that age you’d hope he’d have that realization of how blessed and lucky he is to have been given the chance in life to make millions of dollars doing something fun (versus beating his body up doing construction or sitting in an cubicle or flipping burgers for pennies). 

Forgive me if I’m skeptical or think he’s got his mind on family trips and fishing this summer now that he’s had his requisite early season soft tissue injury that will keep him out for a surprising amount of time.

In his last season with Washington Rendon played 150 games with 34 home runs and 126 RBI. He hasn’t played more than 60 with us! And he doesn’t even have a 10 home run season. Dude completely gave up after getting paid not to mention him acting like an ass to media members and trying to hit a fan. Why in the actual fuck do people defend the guy to death? 

58 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

In his last season with Washington Rendon played 150 games with 34 home runs and 126 RBI. He hasn’t played more than 60 with us! And he doesn’t even have a 10 home run season. Dude completely gave up after getting paid not to mention him acting like an ass to media members and trying to hit a fan. Why in the actual fuck do people defend the guy to death? 

Because some of us understand injuries and their impact on performance. We also don’t care that he doesn’t like Sam Blum. 

55 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We really needed him to stay healthy. He was hitting well and playing good defense and we're still 9-12. The next month could get pretty rough. 

You'd think being such a lazy ass who doesn't care and is happy to just collect a paycheck he wouldn't have been busting his ass up the baseline in the first inning.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

You'd think being such a lazy ass that doesn't care and is happy to just collect a paycheck he wouldn't have been busting his ass up the baseline in the first inning.

Yep, pussy. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

You'd think being such a lazy ass that doesn't care and is happy to just collect a paycheck he wouldn't have been busting his ass up the baseline in the first inning.

He did it on purpose hoping he would get hurt so he can spend the rest of the year not playing baseball.

Obviously.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

He did it on purpose hoping he would get hurt so he can spend the rest of the year not playing baseball.

Obviously.

I’ve read he’s now happy, something about having more family time. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Blum is the happiest dude on earth right now. This makes him relevant again. 

Still waiting for Blum's follow-up on the Ohtani homerun ball cover up.