• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yamamoto to the Dodgers

Lhalo

I guess baseball is pointless to watch this year. 

worst case scenario this offseason. It’s not that I wanted to give this contract to this guy, but the dodgers doing whatever the fuck they want is so crazy. 

literally the only hope I have is for Arte to sell. Can’t wait to lost 90 games this year at the major league level and not develop the minor leagues. How long can a franchise be 25th-30th on prospect lists before they actually make some wholesome changes?? 

37 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

And here we thought, Arte deciding on renaming the team with 'Los Angeles' in the name was going to be a stroke-of-marketing genius. All that vaunted big-media TV money would help ensure long-term success. Well, that worked out so well! We are a large-market team only in his mind because it does not manifest itself in reality. The Angels are no more 'big market' than they were as the 'Anaheim Angels," and certainly not as successful.

Any person who has half a brain understands that there is more revenue as LA than Anaheim. The reason we aren’t a big market success is due to decisions made. I’d still rather have more revenue and the name than less revenue and Anaheim. 

The Dodgers will have a strangle hold on the Japanese market for the next 10-12 years because of these two signings. I expect them to be in the running for every major talent that is posted because they've got the money and the market. 

2 opt out options for Yamamoto, a $50 million dollar signing bonus, and no deferments. Insane deal for him without ever throwing a pitch in MLB. 

It was always going to be the Dodgers with the only other team having a slight chance being the Mets because of Cohen’s money. People thought the Yankees had a great chance but the reality is they have too many large contracts. They weren’t going to be able to keep Judge, Soto, Cole, Rodon and Stanton along with Yamamoto.  That is $210 million for 6 players.  That isn’t happening. 

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Any person who has half a brain understands that there is more revenue as LA than Anaheim. The reason we aren’t a big market success is due to decisions made. I’d still rather have more revenue and the name than less revenue and Anaheim. 

Actually, Strad, that may have been true at one time, but it is very obvious that the LA media is not Angel friendly. The Angels are still known and perceived around the league and in media markets as an Orange County team. Even when we were winning more than the Dodgers, which team was on ESPN and the major networks more often? It was the Dodgers. 

3 hours ago, Biergott said:

Not sure who I pissed off but today licks balls.  Catch Covid, a bad case, now I’ll be alone for the holidays and miss my son who’s home from college, plus yourmommamoto goes to the freaking Doyers and I’ll have to hear it all year from my dad and brother.

bah humbug

Feel/get better!

5 hours ago, Tank said:

"Back on May 22nd, 2003 a new day had dawned not only for the Los Angeles Angels, but for all of American Professional Sports teams.  This was the day Arturo “Arte” Moreno bought the Angels from Disney for 184 million dollars.

What made this move more intriguing is that the Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim Angels at the time of purchase) became the first American Sports franchise to be owned by a minority owner (Moreno is Hispanic).  Moreno took over a team that had just won their first World Series less than eight months before and the roster was pretty much still intact."

https://halohangout.com/2017/12/31/arte-moreno-15-years-ownership-los-angeles-angels/

And they shit the bed that year. A view of things to come.

10 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I’m not mad. I’m actually laughing at this point. 

I may go to the AW road-trip in March but there is no way in hell I’ll pay for tickets at Tempe Diablo. I can’t contribute to this dumpster fire. 

Only way I would support whatever Arte is doing is if someone paid for my tickets. Even then, I'd debate going.

12 hours ago, Biergott said:

Not sure who I pissed off but today licks balls.  Catch Covid, a bad case, now I’ll be alone for the holidays and miss my son who’s home from college, plus yourmommamoto goes to the freaking Doyers and I’ll have to hear it all year from my dad and brother.

bah humbug

That sucks! My daughter is in the Air Force now and is coming home today. I’d be pissed if I got Covid and had to isolate. I hope you feel better quickly