• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yamamoto to the Dodgers

Lhalo

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

On Opening Day 2003 the Angels had a new owner.

"Back on May 22nd, 2003 a new day had dawned not only for the Los Angeles Angels, but for all of American Professional Sports teams.  This was the day Arturo “Arte” Moreno bought the Angels from Disney for 184 million dollars.

What made this move more intriguing is that the Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim Angels at the time of purchase) became the first American Sports franchise to be owned by a minority owner (Moreno is Hispanic).  Moreno took over a team that had just won their first World Series less than eight months before and the roster was pretty much still intact."

https://halohangout.com/2017/12/31/arte-moreno-15-years-ownership-los-angeles-angels/

1 hour ago, Biergott said:

Not sure who I pissed off but today licks balls.  Catch Covid, a bad case, now I’ll be alone for the holidays and miss my son who’s home from college, plus yourmommamoto goes to the freaking Doyers and I’ll have to hear it all year from my dad and brother.

bah humbug

Get well, brother!

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Why are people mad about this?  This is not a team that is a $325 million contract to a pitcher who’s never pitched in MLB away from doing anything, and certainly wouldn’t spend to do much more even if they somehow pulled this off

Because Arte bad

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Why are people mad about this?  This is not a team that is a $325 million contract to a pitcher who’s never pitched in MLB away from doing anything, and certainly wouldn’t spend to do much more even if they somehow pulled this off

I’m not mad. I’m actually laughing at this point. 

I may go to the AW road-trip in March but there is no way in hell I’ll pay for tickets at Tempe Diablo. I can’t contribute to this dumpster fire. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because Arte bad

I don’t like the guy but even if this deal made sense for the Angels I don’t think there’s anything Arte could’ve done to prevent him from going to the Dodgers.  The Mets offered him this contract, he went to the Dodgers and told them to match it and they did and he signed with them.  I’m sure even if Arte beat the Mets offer the same outcome would’ve happened 

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t like the guy but even if this deal made sense for the Angels I don’t think there’s anything Arte could’ve done to prevent him from going to the Dodgers.  The Mets offered him this contract, he went to the Dodgers and told them to match it and they did and he signed with them.  I’m sure even if Arte beat the Mets offer the same outcome would’ve happened 

Correct. 

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

Dodgers balling!

It's impressive if you ask me.

A few of you are very jealous..don't blame you.

And here we thought, Arte deciding on renaming the team with 'Los Angeles' in the name was going to be a stroke-of-marketing genius. All that vaunted big-media TV money would help ensure long-term success. Well, that worked out so well! We are a large-market team only in his mind because it does not manifest itself in reality. The Angels are no more 'big market' than they were as the 'Anaheim Angels," and certainly not as successful.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

yep. players have to want to sign with your team. the money helps, but if that's all someone is interested in, they're signing for the wrong reasons. 

and the last two big signings were just about throwing a big pile of money at someone with less of a regard for the team and state of the franchise in general.  

I still can't decide whether this franchise's lack of acknowledgement of where they are and more importantly, who they are is a lack of awareness or purposeful ignorance.  

I favor the latter.  I just can't imagine doing what they've done for the last 8 years and have zero clue that the stuff they keep doing over and over isn't working.  It has to be that they've just chosen their current path over a different one as opposed to not even being aware that the other path exists.  Right?