• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yamamoto to the Dodgers

Lhalo

On 12/22/2023 at 8:02 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yamamoto led the attack on Pearl Harbor. This feels similar.

Hopefully we can P-38 this one, too.

I take it you mean ElAttrache will use this as a scalpel on Yamamoto's first TJ surgery??

41DZN5GKBTL._SL160_.jpg

Maybe he and Ohtani can share that "Buy 6, get one free" TJ punch card?

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 9:17 PM, Ender said:

Baseball needs a salary cap and floor or it's going to be a dying sport. 

That being said, I'm jealous as fuck of the Dodgers as a Mariner fan. 

where they might care about your opinion

Mariners - Mariner Talk Chat Forum

FanPosts - Recent - Lookout Landing

20 Best Seattle Mariners Blogs and Websites in 2024 (feedspot.com)

1 minute ago, jeskola said:

I think you need to relax.  Ender has been posting on here for a lot longer than you have.  Don't get all pissy because some folks said something you didn't like about...Cris Cyborg, of all people.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think you need to relax.  Ender has been posting on here for a lot longer than you have.  Don't get all pissy because some folks said something you didn't like about...Cris Cyborg, of all people.

i helped Chuck start the site but ok 😉 get on with your bad self

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Then you should know who Ender is, and you should probably just chill out with whatever is going on with your aggro attitude today. 

so now we're not allowed to drink a little and speak our minds? omg sorry 🤣

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

After Ohtani's salary deferral,I think MLB should institute a new rule that limits deferring any player contract to a maximum of 10%.

Or all deferred money must include interest or it’s a 100% hit against the cap, which would mean $70 million a year now. Last could be it’s a hit against the tax during the contract AND during deferrals. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or all deferred money must include interest or it’s a 100% hit against the cap, which would mean $70 million a year now. Last could be it’s a hit against the tax during the contract AND during deferrals. 

Pretty sure there's a set interest rate that's factored in when figuring out the cap hit in present day value.  It makes no sense to take a double hit during the contract and the deferrals. 

Seems like most folks on here are really only upset about this because it was the Dodgers.  If the Angels had signed Ohtani to the exact same deal, I bet most folks would be praising Perry and Arte for properly working the system that's in place.

26 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pretty sure there's a set interest rate that's factored in when figuring out the cap hit in present day value.  It makes no sense to take a double hit during the contract and the deferrals. 

Seems like most folks on here are really only upset about this because it was the Dodgers.  If the Angels had signed Ohtani to the exact same deal, I bet most folks would be praising Perry and Arte for properly working the system that's in place.

But if the Deffered money had interest then it would be $70 million hit each year. 

16 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pretty much all of baseball is pissed at the Dodgers finding a loophole, kind of like when the Angels gave Pujols a personal services contract. MLB reacted quickly after the season started and shut down personal services contracts, I think deferrals will get the same treatment.