• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fan for life

I am liking the possibilities now that Ohtani is gone. The team is more flexible at dh to rest guys, yet keep their bat in the lineup. The available payroll should be able to sign a couple of starters and a closer. Much needed. Trust me that agents will notice the available payroll surplus. Wash and Goins ability to tighten the defense. Shanuel will be project #1. Which is why i like the White  deal. gives us a late inning defensive replacement at first. We will have that 2nd round compensation pick in July. We should still have ample payroll to add at the trade deadline if needed. Go gettum Perry.

7 hours ago, angelsfan100 said:

I know a lot of us are pretty disappointed he signed with the last team we would have wanted. But I'm an Angel fan for life! Also fuck the dodgers! 

Actually, I'm much happier with the Dodgers than if he would have signed within the division. If he had, I would think he was malicious.

6 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I am liking the possibilities now that Ohtani is gone. The team is more flexible at dh to rest guys, yet keep their bat in the lineup. The available payroll should be able to sign a couple of starters and a closer. Much needed. Trust me that agents will notice the available payroll surplus. Wash and Goins ability to tighten the defense. Shanuel will be project #1. Which is why i like the White  deal. gives us a late inning defensive replacement at first. We will have that 2nd round compensation pick in July. We should still have ample payroll to add at the trade deadline if needed. Go gettum Perry.

I wanted him back but there are a lot of upsides to him leaving. Continue to build the team. Personally, I just think a bit of health and upgrade to pitching will get us to the playoffs.

20 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Arte is going to be thankful for whoever buys a ticket.  He'll probably triple the price of tickets for games against the Dodgers.

i've been wondering what signing ohtani is going to do to dodger ticket prices. i read yesterday that they already have the most expensive prices in MLB, and i'm guessing their pricing is headed north once again. i'm sure they'll stick it to the fans on parking and concessions, too. 

saw a report last night that tickets on the second hand resale market for opening day for the dodgers are starting at $514. 

I've been an Angel fan since Dec 1960. Angels had most talented player ever to play the game for the last 6 years at a very cheap price. Time to move on and Perry to get to work. People will still come watch the Angels play after all it's a ballgame. With family or friends some of my best moments have been at the ballpark. Wrigley field in 61, Chavez Ravine 62 till move to Anaheim. Go to a game next year have a beer or two and let's watch next phrase of halo baseball start. ST not far off and I'm looking forward to Angel baseball in 2024.

Thread title goes without saying for me. I’ve gone through the departures of Ryan, Baylor, Joyner, Abbott, etc., etc. and remained a fan. Not gonna change with Ohtani leaving.

I’m not going to sit here and say it’s a great thing we lost a player of this caliber, but as noted earlier in this thread, it does give the Angels a little more flexibility — they can build a pitching rotation without worrying about giving one guy a long rest, they can rotate Trout and Rendon, among others, through the DH spot, which could help health wise. Of course, Minasian and ultimately Moreno have to follow up on this. That’s my biggest worry.

Honestly, the Dodgers was the one team I didn’t want to see him sign with, but probably knew that would happen. We won’t have to deal with him in-league or in-division, but any kind of success he has is going to be right in our faces. Meanwhile, the reputation of the Angels organization is at an all-time low and the obnoxious asshole Dodger fans won’t hesitate to disrespect us and the team.

Anyway, the band-aid has been ripped off, now it’s time to move forward.

21 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I've been an Angel fan since Dec 1960. Angels had most talented player ever to play the game for the last 6 years at a very cheap price. Time to move on and Perry to get to work. People will still come watch the Angels play after all it's a ballgame. With family or friends some of my best moments have been at the ballpark. Wrigley field in 61, Chavez Ravine 62 till move to Anaheim. Go to a game next year have a beer or two and let's watch next phrase of halo baseball start. ST not far off and I'm looking forward to Angel baseball in 2024.

I think you should change your name to Angels 1960.