• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade David Fletcher and Max Stassi to the Braves for Evan White and Tyler Thomas

mmc

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think he falls into that category of guys who never recovered from the missed developmental time.  Pitchers can miss all the time in the world and be fine -- hitters, they seem to lose it and never get it back.  Jurikson Profar has not looked anything like the player he was before his shoulder injury and he may be the best example of a guy that missed a lot of time and DID make it all the way back.

Difficult to say, but I suspect you're correct. I also think Perry is happy with the move. Two reserves for two reserves, but ours are now 7 million cheaper. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't really see how Stassi fits with the Braves next year, since they'll have D'Arnaud and Murphy.  That's a lot of $$ to be devoting to three catchers.  Yeah, I know they rotate D'Arnaud and Murphy through the DH slot from time to time, but still don't see how Stassi ever really sees the field.

I don’t see the rationale behind it for the Braves….but AA is a pretty sharp guy…🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't really see how Stassi fits with the Braves next year, since they'll have D'Arnaud and Murphy.  That's a lot of $$ to be devoting to three catchers.  Yeah, I know they rotate D'Arnaud and Murphy through the DH slot from time to time, but still don't see how Stassi ever really sees the field.

Passan and others are saying they’re going to flip him

28 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Wonder how the Chourio contract is going to turn out.  Don't know how many have hit but seems like a lot of the pre-MLB deals turn out to be duds.  Scott Kingery, Evan White, and at least Jon Singleton were busts

He was looking rough for a bit this year, then they moved him to a better hitting environment and he looked like the number two prospect in MLB again.  But yeah, there have been flops.  You could probably throw in the Cuban guys too like Rusney Castillo and all the guys the Dodgers signed and eventually traded off.  Kinda funny that their best Cuban signing (Yordan Alvarez) was also the cheapest one (2 mil), and he too was traded away.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

It doesn't matter who you have on the roster, it's the garbage you added just to make a trade to save what?$4.5 Million over three years? And you got what? Two players that will never see MLB time. At least trade for one prospect and eat a couple more dollars. This is a pennywise, pound foolish trade. 

What kind of wizardry are you expecting here? They traded two ever-so-slightly below replacement level players and saved some millions of dollars. That’s fine.