• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade David Fletcher and Max Stassi to the Braves for Evan White and Tyler Thomas

mmc

29 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Did Atlanta throw in any $$$ to offset White's deal?  In any case, the Angels saved somewhere between 4.5 and 7 mil, which they can use to try to sign a player that can provide more help than Fletcher and Stassi. 

This trade saves them the Dinero They just paid for Luis Garcia 4.5M, Kolonic 990K and Cimber 1.65M....

24 minutes ago, mmc said:

Stassi and Fletcher are not serviceable and we save money

I wouldnt be shocked to see them dump White, but if they do keep him he's reportedly a good to excellent CFer too.   So, there is some defensive value there at a couple of positions.

Also, he's already been outrighted so, I don't believe he counts against the 40 man.

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That makes no sense. White is unserviceable at the MLB level and at 27 Thomas hasn't gotten out of the minor leagues because he sucks. 

it's because my drunk reality is coming true blarg ! my drunk tendency is right, relievers a dime a dozen and the goal is Ohtani which seems foreseeable NOW !

1 minute ago, oldguy said:

$7 and 8 Million?  What did Evan White EVER DO to deserve his contract???

This was when Dipoto was trying to be the smartest guy in the room and was trying to sign guys early in hopes of saving money.  They tried it with Kelenic too which led to the drama about service time. Kelenic and his agent claimed they were promised a spot on the 40 man and MLB roster if he took their lowball offer, he refused and was sent down.  Then the stink happened, he was called up and stunk the place up.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wouldnt be shocked to see them dump White, but if they do keep him he's reportedly a good to excellent CFer too.   So, there is some defensive value there at a couple of positions.

he

can't

hit

He makes Squid look like a powerhouse.